Wisconsin Bassist Club chapter IV (to the 4th degree)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Pedulla-Player, Aug 20, 2013.

1. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Update
    The Tech21 bass fly rig deal feel through because my PayPal couldn’t seem to connect with the seller’s.
    He was very patient and tried to help me make it happen, but alas it didn’t work out
    So I may just order a NOS from an eBay store as I was told by Andrew at Sweetwater this is no longer being made
    Stay tuned
    Duke

2. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Tech21 bass Fly rig ordered
    Delivery Date 3/31/2021
    Stay tuned
    Duke

3. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Thursday Jam day
    Duke
    1BAEE277-F561-43DD-B197-B4096B269917.jpeg 50C88093-B807-4164-A756-06712DF634DE.jpeg

4. Door County Bass

Door County Bass DC EMT 663 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Wisconsin
    The Boss BCB-60 is all one unit. Power source, carrying case, etc. There is a great description on MF or ZZ Sounds. Check out Reverb. Mine is in excellent condition, never gigged, only used in home studio. Have not decided on a price yet.

5. I've lived my entire "bass player life" as a simple, no pedal guy, just the bass to wireless to pedal tuner to amp.

But I keep tossing around the idea of adding "something" just to have some changes available and can't decide.

I've lately been tossing around the idea of a small pedal board just to simplify my set up for gigs but can't wrap my head around how much $$ they want for even a small and simple board w/case. Yes, I know, I'm cheap :thumbsup:

Pedulla-Player and nbsipics like this.
  6. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    I use a Temple Audio duo17, if you watch for a sale you can get the board and case for around $250.
    If you shop around you can find pedalboards and cases pretty inexpensive on eBay
    Let me know what you end up doing

Be well my friend
    Duke

7. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Let me know what you decide I may have interest
    Duke

8. Door County Bass

Door County Bass DC EMT 663 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I’ll keep you posted

theduke1 likes this.
  9. Laker

Laker

Mar 23, 2000
    I’ve played for 60 years as a bass-plugged-into-an-amp player. At one point I had an SWR Nightbass preamp that proved to be a big pain in the ass as it couldn’t give you a good bass sound no matter how many knobs and effects you screwed with. My Model T Sunn into whatever speaker you needed was probably the best sounding and easiest rig to use you could ask for, but my Aguilar D 680 into a Crown K2 is a close second.

Pedulla-Player and theduke1 like this.
  10. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    I’m playing with effects mostly cause I’m bored lol.
    Down to one band, plus church, and The Brookfield Jam Band.
    Due to travel, changes in personnel, a slow housing market and only 8 gigs ( tonight’s gig in Denmark wi was canceled due to 2 out of 3 players are sick)
    I am playing with effects. I have been down this long and winding road before. Boss GT6B, line6 bass floor pod.
    So we’ll see. If I get bored with the Tech 21 I sell it
    I will keep you posted
    Carry on friends
    Duke

11. Had a great gig at the Juice Box bar in Green Bay this past Saturday. We ended up playing 5 1/2 hours because the owner didn't want us to quit playing. He made it worth our while. We had a fun time playing there.

12. Hey all Wisconsin low enders! I’m emerging from my winter hibernation finally! Glad to see activity here - gigs seemed to be around and that’s awesome. My bands are booking now too - setting up to be a good summer. Not too busy, but busy enough - just how we like it!

13. Good to hear from you again Rich.

We're at 14 gigs between late April and Sept, that's about right for a "normal" year for us. After only 2 all winter long I can't wait to get out there again.

14. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Tech21 Baas Fly Rig is here installing it on my Temple
    I have it set to the Jaco sound
    We will see
    Pictures to follow
    Duke

15. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Ok so
    I installed the Tech 21 on my temple board and at it up the the Jaco sound and the smooth tube setting in the same without the chorus
    I will try it out on Praise Team this week and report back
    Duke
    468C5F8C-3C46-4D6B-82F8-7BA4CB2F60A4.jpeg F6FC066F-AB81-4BA0-B9B8-197B0180A717.jpeg

16. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    So far the Tech21 Bass Fly Rig is sounding very good using the Jaco setting. I can switch between it and the smooth tube sound by turning off the chorus.
    Al the onboard tuner seems to tune the low B easily as compared to other chromatic tuners I have used.
    If you are looking for a stand alone multi effects unit this may be for you. At $299 it is more cost effective then buying all the individual stomp boxes.
    Duke

17. Laker

Laker

Mar 23, 2000
    Here is something for you Wisconsin lad’s and lassies to mark down in your scratch sheets! July 10th we celebrate the blind giant of the blues, the Braille Blues Daddy Bryan Lee, with Bryan Lee Day in Two Rivers and the dedication of a Bryan Lee park bench. In addition to Cathy Grier and the Trouble Makers and Rev Raven and the Chain Smoking Alter Boys, we have the Bryan Lee Express (a band I put together of guys who worked with Bryan in his early years), and the Bryan Lee Allstar Jam that should prove to be a real musical happening with many of the top blues musicians around these days.Bryan Lee Day – ExploreTwoRivers.com

Pedulla-Player and theduke1 like this.
  18. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    For WBC members
    I have two (2) lightly used Digitech Drop pedals for sale.
    Purchased them new for a project that didn’t happen
    $125 each
    Duke
    7E425163-10F2-495C-A5DE-BE0822696CFD.jpeg E3770C40-D0FD-4ED0-B46E-36950844927B.jpeg

Pedulla-Player likes this.
  19. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    SOLD!
    Duke

Pedulla-Player likes this.
  20. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    New audition on the 17th in Pewaukee, so, we’ll see how that goes
    Duke

SemiDriven and Pedulla-Player like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021