1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wisconsin Bassist Club chapter IV (to the 4th degree)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Pedulla-Player, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Awesome to hear of new bands, new gigs, etc ! Super cool. Wisconsin bassists rock.

my two bands, Double Barrel and Indyclyne, are rapidly booking my summer for me lol! COVID, light at the end of the tunnel. Damn, I need to hit the woodshed!

word on the street is that my band Double Barrel - will be headlining Minocqua Beef—a-Rama this fall. Sounds ridiculous, but probably a gig in front of 1500 plus. I’m nervous already lol! We’ve played the opening slot two years in a row and super excited to move up!

New—ish tunes between both bands include:

Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (first time doing scream/growl vocals). I can’t believe how many people love and rock to this song!
    Carwash (omg FUN)
    Run to you (Bryan Adams). Also Heaven, if a slow tune is called...
    Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress) - coolest song ever. Old... still cool...
    Boys of Summer
    500 Miles
    A 90’s-2000’s hip hop mash - working on this. I can guarantee it will be the set highlight, to our chagrin lol
    Black Velvet
    Little Sister ( Elvis version).
    etc. trying to hit good, well known, not overplayed songs.
    some great stuff! I feel blessed - in two bands, and playing a huge variety! Only thing I could wish for is a funk/R&B band....
    Hope all is good with other Wisconsin bassists!

2. Some cool tunes there Rich! Thanks for the update.

3. That sounds like an amazing opportunity for you guys Rich, glad to hear you're getting things going again.

We have about 15 gigs on the books now from end of May through Oct so that's about back to normal for us. I also can't wait to hit the live thing again running.

500 miles? I can't begin to tell you how much I despise that song, or how much people like it. :laugh:

Pedulla-Player and nbsipics like this.
  4. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Manitowoc WI
    We will be relocating to Sussex Wisconsin and hope to be settled in our new apartment by July 1
    It is a larger space and just 5 minutes from our son.
    We have decided to put the house hunting on hold until next year
    With all the things we had to do to sell our house in Manitowoc and move here, and search for a home to buy and COVID we just want to settle in and enjoy living
    Duke

5. nbsipics

nbsipics Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Yeh and while mortgage rates are not bad house prices and offer requirements are getting brutal lately. Good luck with your move and let Summer begin!

Pedulla-Player and theduke1 like this.
  6. When I was down by my buddy's studio a couple months ago a bass player friend of his stopped by to help with the video feeds of our jam. He played my Ibanez SR650E and really liked it, so I asked him if he'd like to buy it and he said yes. Again, I have to say that the SR650E is the nicest playing and sounding bass in that price range (and even better than a few that were a couple hundred dollars more) that I have ever played. So as I said in my previous post that I was thinking about buying and Ibanez with actual Nordstrand pickups in it. Well, since I have a buyer for the SR650E (next weekend) I ordered a new Ibanez with Nordstrand pickups - A SR2600-CBB. It arrived today when I was at work so I didn't have a chance to play it through my amp yet. The SR650E has Nordstrand designed pickups - which were actually pretty dang good pickups in their own right, so I'm curious how much better the real Nordstrands are. When I go down to Sheboygan next weekend to sell the SR650E I'm going to have my buddy with the studio do a full set up on the SR2600 because he did such an amazing job on the SR650E. I'll give a full report when I get some time to play the new bass a bit. Here are a couple photos of it:
    Ibanez SR2600-CBB 10a.JPG Ibanez SR2600-CBB 10c.JPG Ibanez SR2600-CBB 10g.JPG Ibanez SR2600-CBB 10i.JPG Ibanez SR2600-CBB 10k.JPG Ibanez SR2600-CBB 10m.JPG

7. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Manitowoc WI
    So AARPER’s Bazaar has a gig on August 22 at Lions Legend Park from 3:30-5:30
    I will be creating a Facebook Page after our rehearsal on the 17th of this month
    Pictures and booking info to follow
    Duke

8. Turtle71

Turtle71 Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Madison, WI
  9. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Manitowoc WI
    Nice
    I hope it sounds as good as it looks.
    Not really my cup of tea, but I do appreciate the craftsmanship.
    I truly hope that life doesn’t get in your way and you get to enjoy the bass for a lifetime
    Best wishes my friend
    Duke

10. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Manitowoc WI
    It’s been awful quite here!
    What’s shaking?
    Duke

11. SemiDriven

SemiDriven Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Giggin' tonight at a smaller sports bar in Milwaukee (Rosco's Sports Bar)! Maiden voyage of my newest (used) bass in the arsenal! Will post a pic or two later.

12. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Manitowoc WI
    Time an address please

13. SemiDriven

Sep 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    9:00pm
    6711 W Beloit Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53219

14. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Manitowoc WI
    My new band AARPER’s Bazaar now has a FB page please check it out, like and follow us.
    It’s rather basic at the moment, but more content to follow
    Duke

15. SemiDriven

Sep 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Done!

Door County Bass and theduke1 like this.
  16. SemiDriven

Sep 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Well we got a few folks dancing last night...had a fun time!
    050821 Roscos.jpg

Attached Files:

WI Short Scaler likes this.
  17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021