Wisconsin Bassist Club chapter IV (to the 4th degree)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Pedulla-Player, Aug 20, 2013.

1. You are in at #146. :cool::bassist:Thanks for joining - we hope to hear from you!

2. Hello fellow Cheese Heads! Mac (Club member #66) here.

1st: Great to see the Pack achieve on Sunday! Keep it rolling Green & Gold.

2nd: I have posted HEDDA stuff hear before, but I'm not sure if I let on that our singer is John Swenson, who also plays all over the state with the 80's era cover band CHERRY PIE. CP is extremely good at what they do, so if you like 80's rock from ZZ Top to Metallica, check them out.

3rd: HEDDA released a new album in April. THIS (link below) is the 4th video for that album; it's a short instrumental and shows off some pretty solid guitar chops. This particular vid was done just for fun. Let me know what you think.

JM

3. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI
    Cool stuff!

4. SemiDriven

SemiDriven Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Nice work! Too bad you guys aren't having fun. ;):D

5. Haha, yeah we had fun with this one. Thanks for looking guys. BTW, thanks for the kind words (^) Keithwah. We were relatively serious in the other videos we made for the album...still had fun, but definitely a more serious approach.

Here's the video for the "Hit" track from the album as a point of comparison. Ya actually get to hear Swenner sing in this one too. :bassist:

6. VikingJedi

VikingJedi

Dec 22, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Wow, I really really like 13 Angels! So metal! :bassist: Really awesome! And youre tearing up that bass!

7. jeepin_jer1

jeepin_jer1

Dec 19, 2010
    Mukwonago, WI
    Gonna be in Plymouth tonight at Antonio's!

8. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Where oh where has our modarader been?

9. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 11, 2005
    South Milwaukee , Wisconsin
    Gecko Leatherworks
    Awhile ago there was talk of a GTG somewhere.
    Anything ever happen with a reschedule?

10. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    No but we could plan something

11. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Ok Wisconsin bassplayers
    Let's do a GTG sound off who's in!

12. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI

I'd be up for it!

13. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI
    Just downloaded the new TB app for IOS7, it choked big time, then I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it was fine. I'm using an older iPad 2. Just an FYI for fellow IOS users!

14. I've tried the TB app several times, and it's always let me down. The app kept alerting me of messages that were old, so I removed it and tried it again a month later. Same thing! It kept on with the nonsense. So I killed it. :)

I use Tapatalk for all my forum needs. The only thing I can't do within the app is start a private message for TB. Easy enough, Just open in Safari and do it the "hard way" :)

I have been using Tapatalk for atleast two years now, and I've never had any problems. They just revamped the app, and now it's free!

15. Yes! I'll have my current bass finished soon! :) I'd love to show it off!!:hyper::bassist::bassist::bassist:

16. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 11, 2005
    South Milwaukee , Wisconsin
    Gecko Leatherworks
    I'm in

17. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
    Just picked up a gig at the stadium view before the Monday night Packer/Bear game. Time for the new Sadowsky Will Lee

18. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Well I have left the project I was working on cause it just didn't seem to be going anywhere. I have come to realize that a working band is not for me anymore. I love music but hate the business. So if anymore needs a hired gun to fill in I am your guy. Work the list play the gig done.
    Thanks

19. I've been checking in once and a while to read all of your comments and to check out your video links. I've also been checking in to add new members - just not much to say for once. I have a lot of pressing issues going on in my life right now and I've been pretty distracted lately. Hopefully things will turn around for me and I'll be back to my 'old self' soon.

That said - it's so nice to see this club going strong with all of your comments! It's nice to see more active members even though some active members have been mysteriously absent (Where are you Scott F.??) I'm sure everyone was getting sick of me cluttering the pages with my gibberish and begging members to post to keep this club active.

Thanks shadowmac for the great video links of your band!

It's great to see members posting gig updates - my band is going to be shutting down for the winter pretty soon. :( Hopefully I can make the trip to check out some of your bands over the next several months while we are in shut-down mode.

Keep up the GTG talk - hopefully something can be figured out to get one set up.

Thanks again to everyone for making this the best state club on TB!

Sincerely ,
    P-P

20. Thanks Jedi, I'm glad you dug the track. The style is underground in the USA, but it's really doing well in western Europe, Japan and Brazil.

And yeah, I have to admit that I have a whole lot of fun with that bass-line :D; it's relatively busy and it weaves with the guitar and the vocals. It is for that very reason, that my bass parts are usually one of the last things that I write (only keyboards parts come later) when I'm putting a song together. The funny thing about "Thirteen Angels" is that of all the tracks on the album, it took me the least amount of time to write (other than the instrumental, "Or be forever Fallen). It really came together rather quickly, which is pretty cool.
    Thanks again.

And thank you to Pedulla and all the good cheese heads that responded. YOU ROCK. :bassist:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021