Wisconsin Bassist Club chapter IV (to the 4th degree)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Pedulla-Player, Aug 20, 2013.

1. DudeWheresMy182

DudeWheresMy182

Jun 23, 2004
    Milwaukee
    Hey guys!

Just moved up to Wauwatosa about 6 months ago from Illinois. I must say, the Milwaukee area is awesome! Summerfest was fun and it's much easier to get around than Chicago!

2. Wecome to Wisconsin. Do you want a club #?

3. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI

Ah yes Illinois. A state where they issue an ankle bracelet when they swear in a new Guv!

We have one question and one question only for you. And mind you we have several transplants including myself from the rocking great state of Illinois.......but....on football Sunday...do you put on a Green and Gold jersey? And as a hint for good measure, up here it is Aaron's Touchdown Dance....not a Discount Double Check!

Good to hear from you! Where city are you from? We have a few old Champaign-Urbana/Chicago burb guys kicking here as well as a few other transplants...I think we even let in a Viking fan or two. That's why we ask now! Ha!

4. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI

Perhaps it was too soon for the ankle bracelet joke.....things got mighty quiet here afterwards...that or there are too many ankle bracelet wearing bassists floating around! Ha!

5. ctrotier

ctrotier

Feb 20, 2008
    Pewaukee, WI
    Nope - that was spot on.

I got pulled over in Illinois last summer after a Chicago gig.
    The cop was not happy. The following is more or less verbatim dialogue:

"I've been a detective for the last 20 some years and they have me doing this bulls**t. Our f***ing state is bankrupt because of those corrupt a**holes in office, so I have to waste my time writing b*lls**t tickets to pay the difference. Please accept my apologies for this. It is wrong and I hate it.

By the way, What did the one former Illinois governor say to the other former Illinois governor? The food was better here in the joint when you were in office."

And with that, he handed me my speeding ticket, told me how to get it removed from my record, apologized profusely, and sped off.

True story

6. ctrotier

ctrotier

Feb 20, 2008
    Pewaukee, WI
    Oh, and my favorite Wisconsin made post-gig drink is Leine's Berry Weiss. I love my girlie beer.

7. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 11, 2005
    South Milwaukee , Wisconsin
    Gecko Leatherworks
    LOL

I hate driving in Illinois... after reading that I hate it more....

[DEL]F.I.B's[/DEL], Sorry, did I say that out loud.......:bag:

8. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI

Yes you did say that out loud! Ha!

When I moved here back in the later 80's I had no shortage of Wisconsinites talking smack about being a FIB, a Flatlander....and several other juicy anti Chicago land zingers. But being that I was born in Carmi Il which is right down in the far southeast corner of the state and spent the majority of my days in Urbana-Champaign, I had no clue *** they were talking about. Being a Packer fan since I could walk further frustrated their attempts to get under my skin. If you are not from Chicago, but from Illinois, you tend to not associate with anything Chicago. Today with the Colts being closer to my old stomping grounds than Chicago, and it's only about one hour further (in the other direction of course) to St.Louis. I am a Cardinal fan by birthright, but remember when we were kids we would always have a favorite NL and a fav AL team? Well, as my Forrest Gump luck has it, in 1973 I lived in Evansville IN for a year. Through my school basketball coach, I got a cherry gig in the summer being one of ten bat boys for the Evansville Triplets, the AAA team for the....you guessed it....the Milwaukee Brewers. So if your thinking I was a Brewer fan from that time on, you would be correct. So.....I'm fairly impervious to Illinois teasing myself. And I have lived in WI now for 1 year longer than I had lived in IL. And that has ranked me the right to poke at people from Chicago with the rest of the natives. But I will say recent changes in some archaic laws in IL have been making me think....

But I get a kick out of the idea that 4 of the last 7 guys have served time.

Have a great weekend guys! I'm heading for a bottle of Leinie Summer Shandy myself. Don't want Chris to think we former FIB's aren't in touch with our feminine side!

9. My maple table is done!

utymega8.jpg

y4y8egy8.jpg

10. SemiDriven

SemiDriven Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    ^^ Well done!

11. Thank you! If anyone knows of someone looking for something like this, let me know. :)

12. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Well people, any ideas for our next GTG? Date, time; place? ?? Help me folks!

13. sacreddog717

sacreddog717

Jun 20, 2006
    Dublin, CA
    Does anyone have a gig between Oct 11th and Oct 16th in the Waukesha area? I'll be visiting family and would like to see a TBer play. I have no problem traveling either. Just looking for something music oriented to bring family/friends to. Any genre is good, We love all kinds of music.

14. tzdroik

tzdroik Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Western Wisconsin
    Checking in from St.Croix County. Can I get a number?

15. Sure! You are #147. :cool::bassist:

I updated the list on page 3 to add you.

Welcome to the club. We hope to hear from you!

16. 1960jbass

1960jbass Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Berwick, PA
    Can an Appleton guy who recently discovered TB get a number??
    Thanks!!

17. You are in at #148. Thanks for joining - and as always - we hope to hear from you!

I updated the list on page 3.

I'll create a new list at #150.

18. Can someone from the club help this guy out? If so - shoot him a PM because he probably quit checking in since no one replied to him.

19. fishstix

fishstix

Feb 28, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I'll be playing downtown Waukesha on Friday the 11th at House of Guiness. I'll PM him and let him know too. Always good to see a fellow TB member. For anyone else interested, we'll be at Paulies Pub in West Allis on Sat.

20. Thanks fishstix! :cool::bassist: I'd hate for him to think us Wisconsinites are rude for not answering him. :ninja: I knew someone in the club must have a gig in the Waukesha area in that time frame. :hyper:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021