Wisconsin Bassists Club (part 2)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Pedulla-Player, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI
    Will help get the word out my man! And thanks again for letting us use your splitter a couple weekends back!

2. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Roots and fifths and a little extra. Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2011
    West Bend, Wisconsin
    One positive thing, though. I'm looking forward to seeing the new lineup when it takes shape!

3. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI
    Ok so out of the maybe dozen buds I dropped a message at regarding the 'Carvers looking for peeps, comes a return request. I got a bud looking for a 4008 Rick. Anybody got one they want to be out of their closet? Let me know and I will get you hooked up. I think he is looking for more of a player than a showpiece. But who knows?

4. ctrotier

ctrotier

Feb 20, 2008
    Pewaukee, WI
    Thanks Keith - much appreciated!!!

Chris

5. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Today we welcomed grand children numbers 9,10,11.:hyper:
    Aiden, Sidney, and Griffin Pietenpol.:cool::cool:
    "The Band" as mom calls them will need prayers as they must get stronger before they can go out on "Tour":bassist:
    Love & Peace Always
    The not to proud "Buppa":D
    Mike

6. Congrats!! Triplets??

7. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    yes 3 all at once

8. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI
    Very cool Duke! Congrats to the family and to you!

9. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Roots and fifths and a little extra. Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2011
    West Bend, Wisconsin
    I'm jealous and terrified all at once :)

10. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Thanks guys
    We got to touch them last night
    Pretty amazing to see life so strong, yet fragile

11. godspeed68

godspeed68 i'm here for the sound

Mar 24, 2004
    Chicago, IL
  12. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Inactive Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 11, 2005
    South Milwaukee , Wisconsin
    Gecko Leatherworks
  13. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    :rollno:I have a gig in Green Bay:bawl:

14. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Haven't been on TB for a VERY long time (fEARful fallout if you will) so I haven't checked in here.

So, I subscribed to the thread. Would like to meet up sometime with fellow Wisconsinites.

Not much going on my world. Been trying to get a Progressive Blues band going for a year. Got the killer drummer and guitar player, but went through a myriad of singers (who all seem to want to be rock stars). So we plug along until we can find someone who is the right fit. We do stuff like Joe Bonamassa (talk with Eric Czar on FB quite a bit...cool cat...check him out!) and John Mayer Trio, Monte Montgomery and stuff like that.

Still in the same band I've been in for 30 years playing originals that are kind of an eclectic mix of folk/rock/reggae/blues/jazz.

Just joined a straight up classic rock band which is alright for some occasional fun and cash, but nothing too serious.

So I'm playing in three bands that don't play out much. LOL.

Anyway, I'll check in from time to time. Noticed there are a few other Central Wisconsin/Wausau bass players in the club. PM me and maybe we can check each others gigs and meet up sometime.

Good to be back.

Mark

15. theduke1

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    I'll be at Billy Goats in Green Bay Saturday 9:30-1:30 with "Mister Jitters" stop in say hi!

16. Konigstiger22

Konigstiger22

Mar 22, 2011
    Kenosha, WI
  17. Thanks for checking in an the update! Much appreciated. I'm about 20 miles North East of Antigo so we aren't to far apart. I usually go to Wausau about once a month. Let me know of any gigs that you may have and maybe I can get a babysitter and check one out.
    Thanks again.
    P-P

18. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Yeah, we aren't far apart at all.

I have a gig in Merrill this weekend (Oct. 13th) at Pagels Pub and Grub (between Wausau and Merrill). Low key, low volume gig.

Another on Nov. 10th with two bands I play with...one's an originals band (folk/rock, blues, eclectic mix of things) and the other is a classic rock band. It's a Toys for Tots benefit. Forgot the name of the club. It's on HWY 107 right at the entrance to Council Grounds State Park. I'll find out the name again tonight.

Then I have another gig on Nov. 24th at Intermission in Wausau with my originals band.

You playing around Wausau anytime soon?

19. Hey Sundogue.
    Thanks for the gig update. Not sure if I can make any of those , but you never know. You ever play North of Wausau at all?
    Funny thing is , I've never played in or around Wausau in my 9 years of gigging even though I've played several gigs in and around the Green Bay / Fox Valley area.
    Another funny thing is , my guitarist and I work for the same company , and when I saw him today at work he told me we have a gig in Wausau! Coincidence or what?? I didn't write it down and I forgot where it is. I'll let you know when I find out , but I believe the date of the gig is Nov. 3rd. I'll fill you in when I know more.
    P-P

20. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Yeah, I'm playing Nov.3rd or I'd check you out. I know what you mean...I live in the Wausau area and all three of my bands are from the Merrill area (or at least one member is where we rehearse). More musicians in Wausau, but for whatever reason most of the guys I play with are outside my area. Strange.

I played Fuddfest once (last year? Can't recall, maybe the year before). We were the first rock band to play it because of dwindling numbers they wanted to also have rock acts. Isn't that kind of between Merrill/Antigo?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 24, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.