wisdom teeth

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by VoodooChile, Jun 29, 2002.

1. i just got all four of my wisdom teeth out today and even with the percocet it still hurts like a bastard. if you've gotten you wisdom teeth out how long did the pain last? i can't stand it and it's only been one day!
  2. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    I think the pain goes away in less than a week :) (been a loooong time)

Ya' like yogurt, applesauce, and cottage cheese? :D
  3. so far i've had only oatmeal and chicken noodle soup. the food part isn't the most irritating part it's the pain that bugs me.
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Shouldn't last more than a couple months. Buck up, sweetie!
  5. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    hmm...after my recent root canals (I've had about 13 :rolleyes: ), I always got Vicodin.
    I coulda' saved some bucks on the `script and hit myself in the head with a
    ball-pein hammer :p. It didn't do squat for the pain. I got the best results with
    Advil Gelcaps (they dissolve quicker). Loadin' up on Aspirin works, but (IME)
    it makes your ears ring constantly.
  6. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't aspirin thin your blood? Tylenol, also, I believe. Probably not a good idea to 'load up' on them if you have stitches healing.
  7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    im 20 and still have mine :eek:

i have the most horrible teeth, i mean UK FUGLY teeth.

the wisdom teeth pushed the front ones and made a mess... ill get into fixing them in a month or two
  8. I had mine pulled about 18 months ago, pain is pretty much gone.
  9. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    Well yipee...I get mine pulled August 1st. Can't wait, especially after hearin' this:(
  10. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Stop eating solid foods, particles get into the socket vacated by your teeth and cause pain. Here is a news flash, most "pain killers" dont really stop pain! So you're gonna have to deal with it for a few days.

11. I was probably just lucky, but I went in a few years ago and my dentist told me I should have all 4 wisdom teeth pulled. I'm no expert but I did some research and asked to see my x-rays, from how it felt and what I had learned I thought "screw this" and I never made an appointment. Next visit I made to the dentist they took more x-rays and looked at my teeth and the dentist says "hmm, well whaddya know? They are coming in perfectly!". I am so proud of myself for educating myself and saving myself all that unnecessary pain, as well as keeping those damn dentists from making money by lying and saying I needed them removed.
  12. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Eh.. its not so bad, it was just the most PAIN I have ever incountered. The pain killers (Vicodin) did NOTHING for me. I didnt eat anything for three whole days. Not yogurt, not jello, nothing. I dont know how some peoples just dont hurt, mine did, reall fuggin bad.

...I saved the little bastards. There in a ziplock bag pinned to my wall, I havent even washed them. There is still pieces of flesh stuck to them. Oh, and they are huge. Yeah, Im wierd.
  13. I got mine taken out during my spring break 2 or so months ago.:rolleyes:

I was doing great and healing up real quick until one side got infected (aren't the dentists supposed to give you anti-biotics?) But the Vicodin was great! I can see how people get addicted to this stuff. I remeber playing video games in bed and just thinking everything was so happy. But then I would get sick after "coming down" from my Vicodens.

I remeber when it got really bad, I was kinda in a catch 22. In order to take my meds, I needed food in my stomach to keep from getting sick, but I couldn't eat a single thing otherwise I would get sick. I swear if I ever have t eat on more package of that poison called Go-gurt I am going to kill a world leader (pick a country, Italy or France? He he, they never say Italy).

Oh and do you have a girlfriend? Don't plan on kissing her for like a month, those holes STINK. I don't care how many times you squirt salt water into them, they are going to stink.

Have Fun ;)
  14. I haven't had mine out. They hurt when they pushed through though. I will never get annoyed at another teething baby... :rolleyes:

They have pushed my front bottom teeth slightly behind one another, but my top two closed the gap nicely. :)

15. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Oops! :( You're right - I shoulda' been more specific.

Durin' my little adventure of bein' married to the P.B.F.H.,
    I had severe teeth problems. Goin' to a dentist was outta' the
    question (costs money dontcha' know? :rolleyes: ). Yeah yeah, I know -
    YOU try reasonin' or "puttin' your foot down" with a homicidal nut-job.
    In the meantime, bits & pieces of molars and bicuspids were
    flyin' from my piehole - along with a strange green gas :D.
    The only relief I found was about 15 extra strength Anacin's per day,
    with the accompanying ringin' in the ears.

yay! "wedded bliss" :p
  16. pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    got my wisdom teeth pulled last year, and i'm cheap/was without insurance, so i just got a local, and got to sit through the torture of looking at the man cutting my mouth to pieces.

so i get home, and the vicodin wasn't working, so i took another one. then another. still nothing. so i had a few beers, and smoked up a bit, and the next thing you know i'm sicker than i've ever been, that 500 mg of vicodin or so is kicking my ass, and i vomit repeatedly for the next 12 hours, hot belly acid washing over the gaping wound in my bleeding mouth.

the moral: vicodin doesn't go well with beer.
  17. Sorry about your teeth man, but that is the funniest thing I've read this morning!

I'm 22 and still have mine. My wisdome teeth hurt a little coming in, but came in evenly. They don't bother me, but I still need to get them pulled. The problem with wisdome teeth is that they are hard to brush. The backs of all four of my wisdoms have cavities. One of them is so bad I have only 2/3 of a tooth left. I'm getting them pulled out only because they are rotting out anyway. Plus, three days off from work and unlimited pain killers ain't a bad deal. Percocet and beer seems to be the diet of every one in my squadron for a week after getting their wisdome teeth pulled.

Pain goes away in a week or two, somwtimes longer if you try to eat solid foods before you're fully healed.
  18. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I had one pulled 11 years ago, but still have the others, and Im 35. They dont bother me, so I dont bother them.
  19. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    i had mine out.. like exactilly a month ago
    .. lol
    its not toooooo bad.. it hurt.. yeah.. i dont like pain =(
    but percosets are very fun! i was floating =D
    and not cause i ate beans =D

but really.. it takes about a week or a week and a half.. mine took two weeks to fully heal.. but now im glad i got it out of the way..
    im only 16 =X
  20. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000