Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wish basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by infamousxtopher, Feb 23, 2005.

1. does anyone have one of these? i searchedd the forum and its not showing up anything. how are they. minus that hideous headstock i dig them, nice and simple, and inexpensive

2. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    RuN!!

3. Take a look at the "Let's Buy a Wish" threads.

They seem to have awful construction.

4. What you deem "awful" construction, Wish deems "adequate".

;)

5. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    A good used MIM P-bass is nice, simple and inexpensive. I would use different adjectives to describe a Wishbass.

6. could you direct me that way? my search function isn't seeming ot like me today :scowl:

7. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
  8. thank you much

9. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    maybe we should put a wishbass warning sticky at the top of the basses thread index? have links to threads where people talk about them. i have had about 9 horrible experiences playing a wishbass. hence my name and sig. but other people like pilbarabass really like theirs. my advice would be to NOT get one. waste of time and money but that is my opinion.

10. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Wish basses are a zit on the ass of the bassist culture.

11. if one can hate it that mucj, i think i'll steer clear

12. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    wise choice grasshopper hehe.

13. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

another brother saved!

:bassist:

14. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    If you like a wish bass, I have a Louisville slugger that we can put some strings on. ;)

15. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    why waste a perfectly nice Slugger? :D

16. I like mine...you all can say what you want because you've never played mine...

the finish is crap and there are definite blemishes on the instruement...but the instrument is built rock solid, simple, and it plays good (after a good deal of tweaking) and sounds Great.

The neck is very thick, yes, but it is very comfortable to play.
    If you want a nice, fast thin neck...get a mandolin.

Don't get me wrong, I'm convinced that there are MANY crappy wishbasses out there. Fortunately, is mine not.

By the way...if anyone is interested...I'll trade you straight up my wish for a Sadowsky NYC .... any takers?

hello?...

anyone?...

Buhler?

Buhler?

17. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I played #15, it was mine... bought it for $265 (shipped), sold it for $330 (shipped)... Thank you Steve for making me $ and teaching me a lesson in utter frivolity!

[​IMG]

Seriously, I don't doubt that yours is better than mine was... but I personally will not make that DP/Wish/Darkhollow/etc. mistake again.

:rollno:

OH BTW, local TB'er schuyler built this for me:
    [​IMG]
    ...it is the 2nd bass he ever made! And it is a billion times the quality my Wish was!

18. and it was most likely WAY more expensive than a Wish bass. I have owned 5 Wish basses and still own 2 now. I love them :bag:

19. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    If you like Wish basses, more power to you. They certainly are less expensive.

20. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Or just get a bass without a thick, uneven, poorly constructed one.