1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wish I had the money :( (SWR)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bellis1, Oct 5, 2010.

1. xjeremiahx

xjeremiahx

Apr 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    No longer a slave to GC.
    notice he's selling a 6x10 for HALF the price... speaking from exp, that 6x10 rocks. Get that instead. you won't miss the 2 extra speakers. promise.

2. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    I smell someone trying to save 20 bucks.

3. 900 for the 810 - too much, imo. 400 for the 610 - better deal, unless it's trashed.

4. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    Guess my last post wasn't direct enough, bellis1, according to your profile you already own a megoliath, and in fact according to your post history you also happen to own a goliath sr.

Thanks for letting us know about your craigslist posting. If it sells maybe you can throw a Jackson to Talkbass.

5. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005
    Agreed...

- georgestrings

6. Thanks for checking in on me. Yes, I do have an SWR Megoliath. Also have an SWR 610, and an SWR 410. If you would've checked hard enough, you would've found postings where I had asked how to get more volume out of my rig, and users have told me "double your current displacement." So that is what i'm doing. Getting a second 8x10. Thanks for caring.

7. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    $400 for the 610 is a SWEET deal. only a couple of hours from my house too... Too bad I just bought one for $700! lol. oh well, what can you do.

8. Check that 610. As long as it isnt thrashed..... thats a killer deal.

I picked up a Genz 610XB2 last spring for $450 in the classifieds here.

9. Ronny49

Ronny49

Aug 22, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
  10. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    Well in that case I offer my apology for drawing an unfounded conclusion. One 8x10 isn't loud enough? Damn dude!

11. Ronny49

Ronny49

Aug 22, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ

I may understand what he wants from two cabs... I too want two 8x10 cabs.

Reasons:
    1. FUN!
    2. Looks cool at home AND on stage!
    3. It's not really about being loud, so much as it is to have a complete and full sound.
    4. finally, Most bassists of today have gotten really lazy and can't figure out why some of us haven't!! I know for myself that eating right and exercising is crucial to a healthy life, so I am able to maintain the energy to lift my equipment at the end of a gig.

Lightweight amps are for the handi-capped. Not for me and I'm 51! :bag: :help:

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021