1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wish I would of waited...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spectorbass83, Nov 30, 2005.

1. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    I just bought a bass head but wish I would of waited! I was searching through some threads and came upon this http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=B1500&CID=BA

I called Carvin last night and they said that they could have it shipped to me (Canada) for $789.96 USD which is a damn good price! I just paid $799 + tax (Canadian $) for Peavey Max 700 which I run with my 4 ohm Schro 1212. I got the Peavey because it goes down to 2 ohms and I wanna add a 2nd 4 ohm cab in the future...For the price, the Carvin is awesome! It puts out 1900 watts @ 2 ohms! I would have more than enough headroom with this set up, and even at 4 ohms I would be able to run my cab closer to its power rating (1000w) without worrying about not having enough headroom.

I find that my Peavey clips quite a bit...its not really audible but I am worried that I may not have enough headroom. At 4ohms the Peavey is putting out 475 watts. The Gain is set at 12 o clock and the master is also at 12. I also have my on board pre-amp volume turned half way up.

Has anyone tried the Carvin BRX series bass amps specifically the B1500? I know if I got this head I would not have to worry about clipping, which means no square soundwaves ruining my speakers.

Your thoughts?