Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wish is reducing production

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hippiesandwich, Aug 4, 2005.

1. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Wish #500 - $1000!

2. If thats his best bass ever he still has a loonnnng way to go.

3. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I've heard of luthiers building expensive basses and then diluting the brand by building cheap ones...but not the other way around...Wish be so crazy.

So where is the extra $700 in this one? It aint in the electronics package.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Lol $1000 for that. Hmm.

5. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    ROFL

6. mbulmer

mbulmer

Nov 25, 2002
    Feeding Hills, MA
    The extra $700 comes from the medical bills he accrued after having a severe allergic reaction to the nasty cocobolo dust. ;)

7. Reading his feed back always makes me laugh

8. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    Every Wishbass I've seen looks like what I leave in the toilet after a big Mexican dinner. If there is actually anyone here who has one, speak up and tell us why you own it.

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Is that a plus or a minus?

You'd think he'd take a minute to try... :eyebrow:

Edit: one more thing:

[​IMG]

Why no ferrules for the strings?

10. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    $1000 B.I.N.???? :eek:

That lower carving looks painful!!!

11. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    Dude- If you want ferrules on your strings you better be ready to buy a $10,000 custom bass. :D

12. i dunno, i don't think its that bad...mind you, still not worth that kinda money, but i actually am ok with the sound of wishbasses...i participated in the lets buy a wishbass pt.2 and i actually liked the way it sounded. feel and looks really aren't good, but i like the sound!

13. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    hes finally turning into an boutique shop cos he finally found that he needs to go to the psyquietrist (wow sp?) to find the "hidden himself" that makes him create such amorph basses.

14. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I own two and don't have to explain anything to you! Don't like it; don't play it!
    :eyebrow:

15. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    No matter WHAT the tastes, SOMEONE keeps buying these basses. For whatever reason, he keeps gettin' orders so, c'mon an give the guy a break, he seems to have a following.

16. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    it's not real feedback it's a feed-bot.

i could build better basses on a weekend coke/beer/nefarious legal drug binge ....wait thats what he's doing.

/runs away to cry in the fetal position hoping never to see a
    **** "bass" again

17. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    I notice that his trademark attention to detail hasn't fallen by the wayside. Note how the G string and E string don't clear the opening of the headstock before reaching the tuner. Same goes for the misaligned crooked holes for the string thru body, without ferrules as mentioned earlier. I wonder if he could have placed the volume pot a smidgen closer to the bridge too.

18. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    That's so ugly it's disgusting. It looks like the Elephant man.

19. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Ugly, still poorly made and still got that stupid bridge. Don't get me started on what $1000 could get you other than this...

20. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I know someone who actually bought a Wish. She kept saying "My Custom this" and "My custom that"

So I replied, "Your custom is a hunk of ugly cherry wood, a baseball bat neck (literally, it was that massive), neck dive like an elephant is hangin' of the headstock, crap electrincs, and the worst intonation this side of a tone deaf blind guy playing a right handed fretless lefty."

Or something like that... it sucked.