1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wish me luck! My first gig...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Foamy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    ...on drums!

I've been getting burned out recently on playing covers for years. Dang, if I have to play Sweet Home Alabama one more time...or Play That Funky Music White Boy...
    So, I decided to put an ad out on craigslist to the effect that a fill-in drummer is available for practices in case your drummer is out.

I can keep a beat, and do simple fills, and play with taste. I'm no Neil Peart, but I figure it's better than no drummer at all since at least I can keep tempo.

I rehearsed today with the band - the only rehearsal we'll have - and it went rather well. It's a lot of SRV stuff, and few other classic rock songs.

So, I am quite excited that they hired me for a paying gig plus fuel and 2 nights' hotel.

Wish me luck!

:)

2. break a leg

3. Good luck. Enjoy yourself. Maybe when things get a little slow you can emerge from behind your drum kit with a bass strapped on.;)