Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wish me luck please :)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Hey all-

So I have my first performance with my new group on the 3rd of december (this friday). Our name is Last Time Again (LTA, 4 all u abv. folks).

We started two months ago as just jamming, then someone said we could make money... so we made a couple songs and we have a concert this Friday. It's a benefit gig, so no big bucks, but it's a start right? Everyone in my school says we're really good, so i'm getting kinda nervous thinking we might let them all down.... the oddest part of it all is that we have no singer, all instrumental (drums, bass, and guitar) so it's a different sound than every other band in my town.

... we pretty much sold out now too (small auditorium) but its bringing us $700 bucks :p

so uh... ya, give me some good vibes before friday please :hyper:

-josh

2. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Luck has nothing to do with it, go in well prepared,
    turn on, look pro and kick butt,

No noodling, plug in and fire away. All lot of instrumental only bands
    do okay, ever hear of the Boston Pops?

I recommend the group Mahavishnu Orchestra to a band that needs instrumental motivation. buy the CD 'Birds of Fire'
    If you cannot afford it, I will buy and donate a copy to you ...
    with the promise that all your bandmates will listen to it and study it.
    I am available through 'email' on the post here.

Break a leg bro...

3. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
  4. Go out there and rock man. Don't think about it, just play it and make it happen. Good luck!

5. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Where at man?? Lemme know, and good luck!

-robert

6. ... OREGON! :hyper: ... McMinnville, Oregon :cool:

now do you think you can make it? hehe

7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    deep breaths, imagine the audience in their underwear, imagine the girls ;) ............you'll be fine. Something magical happens when you play live and you see people getting into it. all the stage fright vanishes. kinda liek tghe 1st time you have sex, you're nervous as hell going into it, performance anxiety is high, but it feels pretty darned good and ya can't wait to do it again.

8. *follows Mikes advice* ....

*damn... thought about the girls too hard, wait, was that chord a G or a Gb?*

*... screw you Mike!*

hehe, just kidding ;)

9. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I got that part smarta$$ :cool:... The question is what venue?

-robert

10. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Go get 'em! We look forward to hearing the post gig report.

11. Good luck.

I predict you'll do fine.

Mike :)

12. .... i can sum it up in .. hm.. one word: f***.

Basically, the stupid MC guy, put us out like 10 minutes too early (there were 5 bands, mine was the first) and so that screwed us up in the first place.

Then to make it work, i swear to god our drummer wasn't there... it's like he wasn't even trying, we had some tight songs, but .... stupid drummers. Long story short we're getting a new drummer ;)

it was a bad night..... well... there were of course a couple moments where the bass player did a great job of course :hyper:

13. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Sorry to hear that things didn't go well. I don't know if this will help, but hang in there. You and your band members can make whatever changes are needed to get things working. You went into this gig with alot of excitement and that is good. Stay excited about what you are doing and in time experience will help you guys handle gigs better.

Take care!