1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

WISHBASS #1291, PURPLEHEART STUDE: FS/FT ...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 49sfine, Aug 9, 2012.

1. 49sfine

49sfine

Apr 20, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    For your consideration, a very extensively refined, modified and refinished fretless Wishbass. Almost all purpleheart, this is the Stude model in 34" scale. $675, plus shipping and includes a generic HSC. I am also open to trades for hollow or semi-hollow bodied basses of equal or lessor value (IE: Gretsch Electromatic 251, Epiphone Jack Cassidy, Eastwood Classic Four, etc., so let's talk.)

IMG_1272.
    IMG_1271.
    IMG_1074.
    All work was done by me in my home shop (38 + hrs) and includes major body mods and reshaping, forearm/belly contours, leveled/radiused FB, handmade PH nut/bridge, veneered cover, and 14 coats of Tru-Oil with no grain filling. Neck stringers are jatoba, PH and maple, w/no truss rod. All new electronics include KA soapbar p-up, stacked vol/tone knob, DPDT 3-way mini switch for humbucker splitting, and copper foiled cavities. Nut width is 1-5/8" and weight is 10 pds. 6 oz. - down a pound and a half from the original; whew!

IMG_0810.
    IMG_0823.
    This is an exquisite, one-of-a-kind Wishbass and will not disappoint. Steve is not using imported woods any longer so an all PH bass is going to be rare. Strings currently are GHS Precision flats.

Here's a link to my FB album with many before/during/after photos!
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2079007813478.2110445.1193517195&type=3&l=2ea5037571

IMG_1276.
    IMG_1077.

Thanks for looking and your consideration - all questions, comments & feedback welcome!

2. 49sfine

49sfine

Apr 20, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Sale Pending ...

- and to a fellow that owns another Wishbass I refinished! I'll know more in a couple of days.

3. Lloydtownsend

Lloydtownsend

Aug 23, 2010
    Michigan
    None
    I missed this? Man, where was I at? I want a wish bass. I know you have to do a lot to them but I think they're pretty cool (aside from the headstock, but ehh). Congrats to whoever got it! Can someone tell me when these are for sale?

4. 49sfine

49sfine

Apr 20, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Lloydtownsend;

There is always a chance that the current pending deal will fall thru, but in this case, I doubt it. I will let you know though and I have sent you a PM to discuss other Wishbasses I own as well. Thanks for your interest and don't give up!

5. 49sfine

49sfine

Apr 20, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    SOLD! Thanks for looking everyone ...