1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wishbass Club 2.0....Out of the Ashes

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Apr 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Steve Wishnevsky just slashed the price on all basses listed on Ebay. This is a screaming opportunity to pick up a new Wishbass at a great price. There are a couple banana basses and even a fretted lobe! He's got a new project and he wants to move these.

macmanlou, Eternity and wave rider like this.
  2. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    There's a fretted 4-string on ebay right now!!!

Eternity likes this.
  3. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
  4. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    has Wish become a victim of his own success and saturated the market? IMO the slew of stunning basses he's virtually giving away @ $200 cries the lack of potential buyers for the styles he's been pushing of late, I know I'd like to have seen extensions of earlier creations or more exotic viola visions but the focus has narrowed and maybe taken his market with it. no doubt there are a few like myself who are watching chances of a lifetime pass us by for myriad reasons, $$$hipping hurts it for me but I'd have a bunch already if I could budget it.

5. Eternity

Eternity

Aug 20, 2019
    I'm with you on that, with school starting, I don't have a lot of extra dosh and was planning on picking up a new bass around tax season. Hopefully there will be some great new options in the next few months

Bass V likes this.
  6. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - The Final Frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Steve has a selection of basses on eBay right now all around $200. My recommendation is to buy one of these and see what you think! If you don't like you'll be able to sell it without losing too much - unlike a mainstream brand!

Personally I wouldn't wait until tax time. The $200 Wishbass is a bargain!

'Can't go wrong with a Lobe, if you're looking for a steer!

I've refin'd a few in my time so please feel free to contact me if you have any questions/thoughts/worries/etc.!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    wave rider and I-Am-The-Slime like this.
  7. macmanlou

macmanlou Don't push it. Just let it fall. Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Washington, DC Area
    I bought this Ambrosia Maple Minnie fretless last night. A short scale unlined fretless for $250 (including shipping) has to be the bass bargain of my life!

My first mod will be a set of flatwound strings. Probably TIs.

wish2.jpg wish1.jpg

8. UNCLE SUSAN

UNCLE SUSAN Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Here's my Ambrosia Maple lobe I got back after I traded it off. Plays awesomely and have since thinned the width if the neck and added a bartolini humbucker. My next feat will to chamber the body from the back to make it lighter and resonate a bit better

Attached Files:

macmanlou, wave rider and Bass V like this.
  9. eli

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    Wow, what a sweetheart!

10. UNCLE SUSAN

Jan 8, 2017
    I agree. I did the heavy sculpting and put the cocobolo fingerboard on. Can't wait to sculpt the sound holes and hollow this baby out.

Bass V likes this.
  11. eli

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    No, no, I was talking about the kitty cat. :whistle:

What serial #? (the Wish, I mean)

12. It appears that Wishbasses and Wishnevsky instruments on Ebay just aren't moving. Those Banana Basses have been on there a long time. Prices are low and they're still there. What's going on?

13. UNCLE SUSAN

Jan 8, 2017
    He's got his ups and downs, but his current lineup is pretty killer. Lots of nice woods.

14. Jeff Roller

Jeff Roller Jeff Roller Gold Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    The Banana basses still being there at 200 are puzzling me. Those are fun little basses, if I didn't already have one I'd buy them out of principle. I got mine at BIN 500 and felt fortunate to snag one. Pop in a soundhole pickup and dang if the little shorty doesn't cop my upright tone!

15. eli

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    Banana basses seem to be gone... and not in the "completed listings" either? Under what seller name are they listed?

16. eli

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    Ah. I searched wrong.

17. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
  18. I'm sure Steve would sand it off for you if you buy it today and ask real nice.

19. Jeff Roller

Jeff Roller Jeff Roller Gold Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    I think the yellow paint and the sharpie "banana" was a nod to the very first one of these he made.
    Here's a pic of mine with the upright in the background, and 3 enthusiastic up and coming bassists. :D
    20170923_174429.jpg

bholder likes this.