1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wishbass Club (Part VI - The Cult of Wishbass)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Feb 16, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    ^ultraconservative? I take it you're being funny?

2. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    i am going to set up some photobucket type thing but i have attached some family portraits for the interim

3. jumbodbassman

Dec 28, 2009
    Born Again Tubey
    i am going to set up some photobucket type thing but i have attached some family portraits for the interim

Attached Files:

4. jumbodbassman

Dec 28, 2009
    Born Again Tubey
    some more stuff. the viola bass i drew up on paper and sent specs to steve and he did the rest. very gnarly ambroisa.

Attached Files:

5. jumbodbassman

Dec 28, 2009
    Born Again Tubey
    stand up is something SW should have continued.

Attached Files:

6. jumbodbassman

Dec 28, 2009
    Born Again Tubey
    the extreme scroll was my design also.

Attached Files:

7. jumbodbassman

Dec 28, 2009
    Born Again Tubey
    here is number 500 which SW did up...

can anyone guess what my favorite body shape is. the two necks in the back belong to a Series 10 korean AEB and the cedar scroll in the other family shot. Yes those are original Ampegs -AUB-1 and AEB-1 (in process of a little overhaul)

PS - Bruce Johnson is finishing up #70 for May 1 delivery. Guess what it looks like ))))) Fretted old - style paint job

Attached Files:

8. jumbodbassman

Dec 28, 2009
    Born Again Tubey
    here is a half fretted modern lobe in zebrawood. about to get some tweeking.

next picture is some of the brazilian bodies i mentioned a few days ago. a bunch of warr ior look a likes. The brazilian guys kept putting thge name into eby and they kept shutting him down. to on ends are basses i finished. 2 fretted 5's and a 4 with fret lines cut but not in yet.

Attached Files:

9. jumbodbassman

Dec 28, 2009
    Born Again Tubey
    more bodies from brazil

A KS 5 string next to my real Burner - pretty close but a little bigger - i finished a 4 but left at one of my rehearsal spots. Next is a rit ter - kind of long. and then an alem bic wanna be. long scale for sure.

2nd bunch - a 6 string tobie (i think) 5 string Fod, 5 string fod, 4 string fod era imperial.

Attached Files:

10. heb9_28

heb9_28

Jul 1, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    So, do you sell these after you've finished them? I'd be super interested in the warrior types...

Insanely amazing collection by the way.

11. jumbodbassman

Dec 28, 2009
    Born Again Tubey
    some more Fod era wanna bees. a 4 string i have finished but changing out pickups (actually took the pickup for a warmoth project, a 5 string also mon arch . both are visibly a little bigger - mostly area behind bridge...

then the other fodies with single cut aways. yes the one on the left is a real one #34 ))))) and not for sale. and last is a fody "bolt on" - will need carving after assembly for sure.

Any way that is the bodies. almost all are imbuya AKA brazilian rosewood face. many have mahogany bodies. most have maple neck with laminates...purpleheart etc every one is a project in process. i have added fret side markers on eachone, some have back plates for cavaities some don't, If anyone has any interest send me an email and i will send more pictures and full descriptions etc. all bodies cost me between $350-450 except the foddy single cut aways which were $550. I would need to live to 200 to finish all my projects and that doesn't iclude the honey do list....as a result i will gladly share these projects with my fellow wishnicks.

I am traveling on business this week so probably not around much till weekend.

Attached Files:

12. You forgot the blue=sarcasm font! :)

His livejournal page is a daily screed against all things conservative.

13. jumbodbassman

Dec 28, 2009
    Born Again Tubey
    did anyone read his stuff that was published??

14. Here she is!!! And as an added bonus, if you check out eBay, it has been renamed to the PB!!! Freakin' sweet.

She'll be here the end of next week.

[​IMG]

15. Thunderitter

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    It will always be either a 'Fanny Lobe' or 'RT' to me! :D

16. Yeah, same here. Lol.

17. Thunderitter

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Have you got you piezo solution yet?

18. Pretty sure I'm abandoning the idea because I couldn't find a pickup that got even one decent review. I'm thinking stacked J pickup instead.

19. duckbutter

duckbutter

Mar 30, 2005
    SWEEEEET!!!

20. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    +1:confused:

Looks great!! :eek:

JUMBO: Those look fantastic! I especially favor the Ritter, Alembic (the more symmetrical one), and Fauxderra Imperials. Where do you live, by the way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.