1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wishbass Club (Part VI - The Cult of Wishbass)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Feb 16, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    cold snowy CT

2. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    it's sort of a lobenut

3. tk421

tk421

Mar 3, 2010
    middletown, oh
    jumbo:

that "eddie van halen butcher block" stude is my fave. gorgeous.

4. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    Yow! Guess I misunderstood a couple of his posts on his "basses" facebook page... I think I like him even more now, knee-jerk liberal that I am.

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    That's perhaps one of the most elegant Wishbasses I've seen. The lack of obvious hole-saw body curves is a big plus in my book!

Paul, I thought you were going 5 string on your next one? Or are you building a 5er?

6. For some reason, I keep gravitating back to a four string. I have a fiver but never play it. Guess I'm more of a four-string guy.

7. 49sfine

49sfine

Apr 20, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Rip: Sweet PB! What are the woods, by the way? Also, what are your plans for the edges - they look like they have not been rounded off as per usual ....

Jim: Your collection is a drool fest for sure - very, very interesting. Thanks for posting.

8. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    +1, or should that be 15+?:D

9. The woods are walnut and purpleheart "sandwish" body with walnut/purpleheart/maple neck and purpleheart fingerboard.

I had Steve leave the edges unrounded. I wanna do that part myself.

It's funny. When I get her next week, she will arrive in almost the same state of completion as my own build. Gonna need to take a family photo now, with my 2 Wishes and their distant "cousin", the RT (steve didn't use the name, so I did.) :)

10. Seeing Jumbo's collection got me thinking, would Wish be up for building an EUB? Possibly along the lines of an NS (neck only)? If so, what would you guys recommend per electronics?

BTW, this is not something I can do anytime soon. Just curious...

11. If Wish won't, I will. I was actually planning an EUB as my next build, just cuz I want one. As for electronics, I'd have to do a little more research. Like I said, none of the piezo elements for bass that I found got good reviews, so unless you get one built into the bridge like a Hipshot, you're pretty much SOL.

I've heard very bad things about the Shadow bridge. I'll be staying away from that one.

12. _Sasquatch_

_Sasquatch_

Sep 27, 2009
    Michigan
    You have been a busy man Rip! Finished one wish recently, working on your own (which Im still lovin, great body style) and now this one! Your in the works of a great collection of basses.

13. Yeah, when you're out of commission with another back surgery coming, you find little things to do to amuse yourself!!!:)

14. _Sasquatch_

_Sasquatch_

Sep 27, 2009
    Michigan
    I'm glad your finding things to distract yourself, I see your FB posts and alot of the time you mention the pain you are in. I hope things get better for you! :bassist:

15. Thanks, brother. Learning to find joy in the little things can be what makes life worth living sometimes.

Now, I gotta pace and wait for FedWrecks.

16. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I thought you were calling it boring at first! haha

17. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    [quote="jumbodbassman'] attachment. [/quote]
    That beauty there on the far left might be the best-looking bass I've ever seen.

18. 49sfine

49sfine

Apr 20, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Update: Just got done making my first nut out of wood. Turned out pretty decent. I used Ipe for it and the bridge piece - both going on Stude #0003. I'll post pix when I get the thing strung up. I may have to still tweak the height and/or depth of the slots. Boy, the wood pieces sure look so much nicer than the corian!

I also started working on the fanned fret short scale Hipper while I wait for some lacquer sticks to come from StewMac (for the Stude). Got all the major body contours cleaned up and started on the headstock nightmare - it's all good though! Pix later ...

19. Sounds good to me! Your 'Battle Ax' bass is looking great, so no doubt a EUB would turn out well too. I'll stay tuned...

BTW, my aunt is a nurse and got the same implant you are getting. She says it has been a God-send. Let us know when the surgery is and I'll say a prayer for you and your family.

20. 5108: Its good to hear from people that have the implant. Most of what I've been able to find online about it is just positive propaganda created by the company that makes the implant. Thanks for the real positive. I'm really nervous about this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.