1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wishbass Club Part VII (The Wonders of Wish)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Apr 14, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Nice title!!!!

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It's already been changed by request :D

4. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Sorry folks! I had a laugh at the title, but I think we spend enough time explaining the truss rod philosophy without pointing it out in the title and providing a magnet for trolls!

"Wonders of Wish" may have the same trolling effect of course, so if anyone has something better then drop Bryan a quick PM!

5. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    While I've already gotten a few dozen requests for "Wishbass Club Part VII: Bryan Is So Damn Handsome," this title is probably fine :p

6. I think during part 6, alot of the "trolls" ended up being Wish owners. I'm pacing here in PA. Waiting for the fedex truck. Can't wait to play today!!!

7. Thunderitter

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Ok, we can compromise on

"Wishbass Club Part VII: The Wonders of Bryan R. Tyler"

8. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Bah, humbug...
    I owned a Wish BEFORE it was COOL!

LOL:D

9. I thought this was Part VII, not Part VI? Does it even really matter?

10. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It is part VII- what on earth are you talking about?....

11. Thunderitter

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    That's it:

"Part VII: I owned a Wish BEFORE it was cool" - brilliant

or perhaps we leave that for VIII?

Nope.:D

12. I watched that mini-documentary vimeo vid, and loved the line about putting on just enough lacquer 'to keep the beer from soaking in'.

13. duckbutter

duckbutter

Mar 30, 2005
    I'm with you on that :)

14. Thunderitter

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    ...and that's got me thinking who was the earliest adaptor or grandaddy of them all; jumbodbassman or M.R.Ogle or someone else?

Got my first Wish' in Nov 2007.

15. duckbutter

duckbutter

Mar 30, 2005
    Got my first Wishbass in 2003 #128

16. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Several of us put in for the original "Let's Buy A Wish" thread from early 2003, which was unfortunately stolen by the TBer I sent it to after I had it.

17. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I 'member that. Effect's Box of Awesome has faired a little better, and it was fun to be part of that....

18. Well, my Wishbass PB #1166 is here. A little rough. Got some gaps to fill. Ordered it in the white, so I can get started. I'll upload pix as soon as Facebook gets thier crap together.

Tuner holes have alot of tearout. The screws on the bass side are drilled the whole way through. Neck is very thin. Like scary thin. Already decided on a drop tuning for this one.

Pencil marks everywhere. Steve sent it just how I asked. Rough and not ready. But check this out. Even without electronics it's playable with a decent action.

String though holes aren't even. The G string hole doesn't even look like it's the same size. This baby needs some work!!!!

No FedEx damage, but Steve left me plenty to fix!!!!

All in all, I'm satisfied. I got exactly what I ordered. Pix later. Got some sanding to do. :)

19. Oh yea?!! I was cool before I owned a Wish. Oh wait, I don't... and I'm not.

20. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Well, we're bass players and participate in an online form for bass players...not the best place to meet cool people! ;)

My 24 year old daughter tells me that I'm a "cool dork", but I think she's just being nice. Anyway, I'd rather just be me than worry about trying to maintain some level of coolness...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.