1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wishbass Club Part VII (The Wonders of Wish)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Apr 14, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 49sfine

49sfine

Apr 20, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    As per the tradition of posting a photo or two of a favorite Wish early in the thread - here goes ...

JB004.

This my beloved refinished walnut JB, of course ...

MusicRoomJune09019.

Some of the others: oak burl Scarab, maple Lobe, persimmon Lobe, ash Hyper, and poplar Stude. All of these await refinishing except the Stude which is actually close to being done.

2. Just noticing you're collection dosen't include a bass with the Kent Armstrong pickup,

just co-inkydinc ?

3. 49 - Not a bad collection for a drummer!

4. 49sfine

49sfine

Apr 20, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    No, not really. I have some other Wishes not pictured and 2 of them (zebrawood Fantasy & fanned fret Hipper) have the KA pups in them. I wish more of them did! Plus, now my JB has a Bartolini in it since that photo was taken.

5. New bass day!!! Here's PB#1163, fresh from the FedEx truck.

[​IMG]

And since there are now more than one, here's a family portrait, along with the "distant cousin":bag:, RT BattleAxe #1...

[​IMG]

Got some work ahead of me.

6. CultureSliver

CultureSliver

Sep 23, 2006
    Eugene, OR
    http://greenville.craigslist.org/msg/1691279843.html
    Why can't this bass be a four string?:(
    I think this is the nicest JB that I've seen yet (aside from 49s fine). I wish I played 6 but I am a true 4 stringer, born and bred upright. Oh well, at least someone is going to be happy.

7. _Sasquatch_

_Sasquatch_

Sep 27, 2009
    Michigan
    49sfine, everytime I see that picture of yours, I am drawn to the lobe right to the left of the amp. Im really diggin it! Its giving me the "wish itch" again...I need to order another one in the near future. For those interested, I posted a short jam video of #1103. I didnt explain it, just posted it for sound. Played through a little practice marshall flat. I'll eventually post a more in depth video.

8. Sasquatch - Nice video - and Wish. It's good to see more Wish vid's up on YouTube. Keep 'em coming.

9. 49sfine

49sfine

Apr 20, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Well, that comment deserves some photos! These aren't the best quality, but still ... This one is my only 5 string fretless and is a sandwich of persimmon and unknown middle woods. This bass is heavy, but sounds fantastic - even though untouched (well, I did cut out the 'scallop' at the bottom of the bass, but that's it) . This one is going to really pop once it's refinished. String spacing is actually pretty close together, keeping the neck narrow for a 5 string. A very unusual and great Lobe - one of my 'keepers' ... Enjoy!
    IMG_1782-2.

IMG_1784.

- Really enjoyed your video and your Wishbass - thanks for the link!

10. Since we seem to be in a 'show off our basses' mode, here is one of my TR refined Lobe...

2qu58g1.

11. _Sasquatch_

_Sasquatch_

Sep 27, 2009
    Michigan
    I might as well get in on this as well
    IMG_2991.

12. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Let's make this Lobe Day! Here's #1010, pretty much an identical twin for 49's maple lobe.

DSC_5782.

btw, if you haven't tried out Photobucket's mobile app you should. It rocks!

13. _Sasquatch_

_Sasquatch_

Sep 27, 2009
    Michigan
    I love the lobe model. The lower horn on the more recent models (like all the pics here) I love. I really compliments the instrument well. Is there a noticeable difference in sustain on the lobes?

14. My only Wish is the Lobe, so I can't compare it to others but there is plenty of sustain to be had on mine.

15. Thunderitter

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Nothing noticeable to me. I think all Wishbasses I've seen are at the upper end of sustain.

16. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Sustain is incredible since it's a neck-through instrument, with a big beefy neck, (I suspect) a very stiff headstock (compared to traditional flat headstocks) and it's strung through the body.

17. Thunderitter

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Seeing as this is 'Lobe Day' here's another one.

For those that don't know, this is #804. I purchased it broken from it's previous owner. It was missing headstock and nearly 2" of neck, headless conversion seemed like the solution. With a bit of help from David King who made the end piece, I'm very happy with the result.

The scale ended up an inch shorter at 33", but that makes for easier playing from what I've found. The Delano quad-coil p-up is extravagant but awesome!

The ThunderHead (named in memory of an ex-girlfriend):

DSC_7564.

DSC_7575.

DSC_7565-1.

[​IMG]

I'm considering selling this one once I get it's LED wired up. It's currently 50:50, sell or keep.

18. duckbutter

duckbutter

Mar 30, 2005
    AMAZING!!

19. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    a few of my favs-warts and all.

thunder man what is the radius of thunderhead fretboard -7?/?

Attached Files:

20. Thunderitter

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    9.5", which is usually what I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.