Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wishbass for Sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by rogerbmiller, Jul 7, 2004.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Wishnitz and other TB-ers,

I am selling my wishnevsy wishbass for $250 plus $20 for packing and shipping. This is the peanut model in spaulted maple without a truss rod. It has never been played outside my bedroom. Picture below.

This bass is as close to perfect as can be. We all know that wish's vary in terms of quality of woodwork. I would describe both the wood and woodwork on this bass to be excellent. The maple neck shows very nice curls, there are no rough spots around the neck joints, etc., string spacing is even, neck width is perfect, neck is not too fat, the curves are well rounded and the sprayed lacquer finish is flawless. It is also perfectly balanced and lightweight.

This bass is really a great buy for anyone who has been jonesing for a wishbass but is afraid of buying one because they might not like what they end up getting. I am absolutely certifying the quality of this bass. My reasons for selling are that I have a 7-string wishbass that dials in pretty much the same tones and I really want to get a more standard bass for rock gigs such as a Fender J but I cannot keep accumilating basses or my wife will kill me. :bag:

If you are interested in buying this bass (or possibly trading), let me know.

Thanks.

Roger

2. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Never mind about the $20 for shipping. Found a way to pack and ship on the cheap so it's on me now.

Any takers? Surely someone wants a sweet wishbass...

I found a J-Bass that has my name all over it. Help a guy out!

Thanks.

3. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I've had some folks express interest in more photos so I have taken some, however I can't get my camera to use fewer megapixels so I keep blowing my TB space quota when I try to post them or send them via PM. If anyone wants to see more pics of this bass, email me at rogerbmiller@hotmail.com.

thanks.

Roger

4. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I'm curious how you figured out how to ship it cheap. Mind sharing the secret?

5. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    You can host images at www.imageshack.us for free without signing up as long as they under 850 kbs

6. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Fedex ground should be about $15 for a bass as light as mine. I also came about a box and packing materials for free, and nothing is cheaper than free.

7. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    200 in payments.....but id like to have it just to tweak it out : )

contact me either way, i would like to get this bass off ya : )

8. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Fedex charged me like $9 to ship a bass to IL...

9. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    That's strange. I checked with USPS and UPS and both quoted me at about $20-25 depending on location for 2-3 day delivery.

10. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    God, I'm so tempted. Just because I want to either be able to make fun of these things some more or put them on my 'for this kind of money, everyone should own one' list.

11. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    This bass has been sold. Thanks to eveyone who expressed their interest.

Roger