Wishbass review in Bassplayer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassist286, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassist286

Nov 22, 2001
    rhode island
    There was a wichbass review in the newest bassplayer mag. It was funny because their was so much stuff "wrong" with it that it was diffucult to test it. The con was a bit to "home made". i thought the whole thing was just hilarous. I also thought it was funny t know that their was no truss rod in it, nad it happened to rain on a test day to the whole neck bowed and was "inplayable" past the 5th position. mmm fantastic!
  2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    If The Onion published reviews of basses, I'm guessing it would read something like the latest Wish review....
  3. I haven't had any problems with neck movement on mine...I live in a HUMID climate and I pick it up often (sits on a stand in my bedroom).

my wishbass is 1 1/2 years old (#350)...no trussrod...but neck is stable. also, it survived a trans-pacific airplane flight.

Unlike conventional basses, I couldn't move this neck if I tried (and I HAVE tried).

not that the bass that bassplayer reviewed doesn't have serious issues (I'm sure it does)...just that I happen to have one that doesn't (have serious issues, that is).
  4. Check back in 20 years, PilbaraBass.
  5. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Are you talking about the issue w/ Adam Calyton on the cover? If so I can't find it. What page is it on?
  6. BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    I just did a "Wishbass" search on the BassPlayer website and come up with nothing except reference to Steve's classified ads.

This sort of posting is very poor stewardship (not to mention spelling and grammar).

Please supply us with a Issue number and page number, or have the courtesy to Steve Wishnevsky to post an appology.
  7. aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    it's in the most recent issue. I read it yesterday. sorry, but I can't remember who's on the cover. despite the spelling and grammar errors bassist286 made, his post is otherwise accurate. the BP website is never up to date and concurrent with the print version.
  8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I thought the title was a joke at first- my BP better get here today!
  9. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN

Wow, you must be fun at parties.

Care to post a picture of your Wishbass? ;)

Anyone else notice the spelling error in BassChuck's post? Maybe you owe the original poster an "appology."
  10. Maybe YOU owe bassist286 an apology. It's definately in the latest BP with George Porter Jr. on the cover. Just read it yesterday...hillarious!
  11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Looking at profiles - I just suspect "grumpy old man" syndrome!! ;)

I know of what I speak! :)
  12. Or the 3 grammatical errors? v;O)~
  13. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    You watch... Wishbasses are probably the roaches of the bass world... able to survive a nuclear blast. They'll be around forever.
  14. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Februrary 2006, Vol. 17, No. 2, pages 61 through 63.
  15. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Closed due to the sniping...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.