Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wishbass- Steve Wishnevsky interviewed!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Since this is such a big topic of discussion, I thought I would give Steve a shot to give everyone his side of the story.

Interesting read I think.

www.basssource.com

2. your site is really cruisin now!

i actually like this interview...i have been considering a wish for a long time...now if that "let's buy a wish pt. 2 would come around..."

keep up the good work!

3. Wish's got it made now [​IMG]

4. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Wow.

5. Don't wanna stir something up, but it sounded like he made a direct reference to Mr. Lakin @ Lakland basses?

Either way, way to go on scoring the interview.. the site looks great!

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Cool beans, dude! Great bass news!

7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I didn't take it as that at all, I think he was just making a blanket statement. Quite obviously, and I think he would be the first to tell anyone....he's not in the same market as Lakland. While the basses aren't for me, he apparently does have a spot in the marketplace.

He's doing what he loves to do, and is keeping the lights on by doing so. I wish (no pun intended) I could say the same.

Thanks everyone for the good site reviews, I am having a blast with it.

8. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    Say what you will about his work, but the guy is his own boss, and does what he loves to do, the way he wants to do it. You've got to respect that.

9. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    I think he's cooler if you think about his work in terms of folk art (dulcimers, frailing banjos, and the like) than in terms of contemporary basses. Wish basses seem more coherent in that context. I'd love to have one if I was in a position just to have an instrument for the sake of having it, so to speak.

10. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Yes! Thanks for the interview.
    I whole-heartedly agree... he's having a good time, being his own boss, very creative, on his own terms. A nice guy, enjoying a good life! We should all be as lucky!

11. Very cool! :)

12. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    " I was making paraphernalia "

This explains a lot..... :D

13. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin' Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    What a trip!

14. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    I actually like that saying :)

15. M_A_T_T

M_A_T_T

Mar 4, 2004
    Canada
    That's not what a truss rod is for, their main perpose is not to add regidity to the neck, but the ability to adjust the amount of bow a neck has - relief adjustment.

16. I really like you site.... Especially that Weekend Warrior, where could you have met him?!

I read the interview with JMJ earlier today, and really enjoyed it!

17. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Pretty cool Tim. :)

18. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, but I'd still rather be realizing it on a Lakland than a Wish.

19. No...not exactly true...Wishnevsky is correct. How many double basses do you see with adjustable truss rods?

I have a wishbass and believe me, the neck is ROCK SOLID. That puppy is going nowhere! And when the strings are under tension, there IS a little relief. And a little is all that is needed.

20. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    But double basses have a much shorter neck and a lot thicker fingerboard to compensate for the tension. Right? :eyebrow: