1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Wishbass Zebrano Lobe - refin FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Thunderitter, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    I've decided to sell this Wishbass. I'm trying to trim down my collection a little as I need the room to start working on building a couple of scratch build basses for myself. Unfortunately my real job has been getting in the way of my hobby so my progress hasn't been what I would have hoped, but I'm getting there! Anyway, I digress!

I'm asking $650 shipped con USA. PayPal preferred. Not really looking for trades but.....!

This is a Zebrano Lobe with a nice Jatoba fingerboard, which I have epoxied. The neck is five piece, mahogany, maple and purpleheart. I've added a second pick-up and wired the bass VVT with series/parallel switching, the tone pot has an orange-drop capacitor and I have added a side jack. I've made a Zebrano cavity cover, and as well as adding Zebrano knobs, the bridge is also Zebrano. I've added an Ebony nut and the bass is strung with Fender flatwounds 45-65-80-100. String through ferrules and straplocks finish this one off.

I've done a fair bit of reshaping on this one and modeled the revised round-over on one of my other basses. I've also made the lower horn into more of a bard shape but softened the curve so it's nice and comfy if you play sitting down. The bass balances well. Though I say it myself it turned out really nice and I've finished it in TruOil. This one really plays nicely and sounds great with a lot of tonal variation possible via the pots and switching.

I've also done a quick video demo, which I've put on YouTube: YouTube - ‪WIshbass #906‬‏

If you go to my website I have pictures of the refin work with notes. The bass serial # is 906.

[​IMG]

DSC_9872-1.

DSC_9868.

[​IMG]

DSC_9861.

2. Bin

Bin

Dec 9, 2010
    Wow that is beautiful

3. chris1125

chris1125

May 14, 2007
    Your refinish work is great, I love the sight! Any chance of posting the thunderclaw in the near future?

4. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Sold!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.