Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basstard1, May 1, 2005.

1. basstard1

Mar 12, 2005
    You lot will hate me for saying this, but i have been looking at the wishbass hyper :hyper: bass. I know the finish is awful but I could take it to be finished and set-up, couldn't I? COULDN'T I???!! Please let me know what you think in case I am making a horrible mistake.
    P.S: Do you know if they ship to the U.K?
  2. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY

Get something from there, and you'd get a bass made by someone honest, it would be cheaper, and would be of the same quality. It would also be totally hardcore.

Of course I don't have any experience with Wish, so feel free to ignore me.

/useless reply
  3. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    If I had to choose between Wishbass and Krappy...I think I'll just make my own O-Cedar Special outta my broom. :D
  4. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego

Looks: :spit:
    Quality: :scowl:
    Value: :rollno:
  5. Joe Boom

Joe Boom

Jun 25, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    No. You could not get it set up. Not unless Wish has started putting trus rods in. The last time I checked, he was not.

Someone on this board used to have a signature that summized Wishbass perfectly

"Wishbasses are not meant to be set up, they are meant to be put down."
  6. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Have any of you played a Wish?
  7. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    My Wish has a trussrod
  8. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    One thing for sure......the wish doesn't look krapp :hyper: ....sorry I couldn't resist.

Ever wish for something krappy?? :eyebrow: ok that was the last one....for now!!
  9. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    If anything you've heard about Wish's bothers you, don't get one. While there are many people who love theirs, my time spent with TB Wish II led me to the conclusion that many of the things that people don't like about them are not correctable, especially if he has completed the instrument with the string holes and everything. More of the criticism is design and implementation in nature and it would be easier to build it all yourself than fix it.
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  11. krappy

Aug 17, 2005
    krappy touchstyle guitars have a double truss system, but the punk rods and basses do not. they were really made to be beat on, smashed, and then used for kindling. then, after a bit of remorse, they can be reordered for the whole process to begin again.
  12. will you sponsor me
  13. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Another difference between Krappy & Wish.

He's not afraid to post here.
  14. LOL, go for both and let's see which one is the winner....
    We'll organize a big competition for the election....
  15. Hey, those Krappy Touchstyle instruments don't sound half bad :bassist:
  16. Ha, the Flippitar is awesome! :smug:

17. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    On the other hand, why would he bother to poke this hornet's nest? He's not going to change anyone's opinion and he seems to be doing ok despite people's objections.

Still, he's made some pretty tall claims in the day, so he's to blame too.
  18. not true...while relief cannot be adjusted...relief doesn't NEED to be adjusted...if the fingerboard is trued properly (mine is pretty darn close), then it will stay just where it is.

As far as intonation...well, it's a floating bridge, hence a no brainer...height adjustment, well that requires sandpaper and is irreversible...I'm using a different bridge set up (cost me about $15 on the 'bay) to rectify the individual string intonation / height / reversability issues.

And the tone that comes out of my bass is SWEET!

Some people love to slam them before they give them a chance...wishbasses are definitely NOT for everyone, but they do have a certain vibe about them, for sure.
  19. and how in the world do play that? and how do you adjust relief on that?

I can see serious issues with crosstalk from the backside of pickups, too...

that has advantages over a WISHBASS??? no way!