Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hambone, Jun 13, 2004.

1. from BASSATIRE magazine:

In a major coup for the North Carolina builder, Alembic has commissioned Steve Wishnevsky to design and produce their own line of budget priced basses targeted towards bassists looking for under $500 instruments. During heated negotiations, Wishnevsky was adamant about being able to maintain a hand in the artistic development of the designs. It was important to Wishnevsky to be able to incorporate just enough flaws in the design and execution of the build so that everyone would know instantly the origin of the instrument. As the link illustrates, he was successful once again:

2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

Lol thats funny, he must be joking

Oh no this looks serious

Hrmm i smell something fishy

/clicks link

HR HR, The FUNNIES¬`!!1

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

first though was:
    Then I marved at the enlarged headstock shot... I don't see where the stand mounts... surely there must be a stand attachment to the headstock for the neck dive !!!

Oh, and I dig the way the D & G bunch closer then the rest... I hate it when my strings are symetrical

4. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I've never seen an obese bass before... :eyebrow:
  5. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    *speechless* Ibanks.... I think this is calling your name as well.... I wouldn't buy it, would anyone else here?
  6. Yeah, that string thing got to me too. Would that mean that you couldn't do a scale across strings in perfect time?

I've grown accustomed to the scrap heap coverplates.
  7. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    I'm curious why he decided against even string spacing at the nut. :ninja:
  8. You're confused because the context of the question is all wrong. :) It likely wasn't a choice at all - if there is to be something symmetrical, concentric, parallel, or evenly spaced, it's out of Wish's control. The gods of instrument building guide his hands in mysterious ways.
  9. fremenblue

Jan 8, 2003
    Eugene, Or.
    Ahhhh, the Wishnembic line. ..obviously inspired by creatures from nature. This one would be the man o' war bass, I believe. . ..
  10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    OMG!!!! do you have any idea how much Caffeine free Coca Cola Classic BURNS COMING OUT OF ONES NOSE!!!! :D Luckily the keyboard seems to have survived :bassist:
  11. MTD Man

MTD Man

Jun 12, 2004
    lets all split the cost and give it to an alembic nut....

saaay, malthumb?
  12. alembic76407

Apr 29, 2004
    Batman where are you, this bass looks like the bat sign
  13. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Actually, I think that's pretty unattractive.....[​IMG]
  14. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    You know, one might be impressed that ol' Wish actually employed an independent bridge system.

That is, of course, until one looks closely and realizes just how unevenly said independent bridge pieces are aligned with one another... :eek:
  15. so... can alembic sue our wish man for copyright infringement?
    :ninja: :ninja:
  16. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Isn't he missing the obvious solution?!?:rollno:
  17. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Alembic doesn't sue.... their craftsmanship speaks for itself[​IMG]
  18. I might consider one if they change that horrible headstock.
  19. Alembic wouldn't be able to prove exactly WHAT Wish was looking at when he drew up the design.

Coulda been a Fender J.