Wishnevsky Rocks!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wishbasser, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Play the hell out of it

36 vote(s)
  2. Play it moderately

24 vote(s)
  3. Never play it, use it as a conversation piece

21 vote(s)
  4. Destroy it

48 vote(s)
  1. I know that wishnevsky is generally viewed as a criminal around here, but i really like the basses. I have heard one played by Wishnevsky himself (who is a pretty good player, i might add:D ) The tone was awesome, it sounded huge, and oh so punchy. I relly see nothing wrong with the man or the basses, so let me know if any of you agree!(or disagree)
  2. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Ya know, there is the TB "buy a wish" thign goin on right now. I'm sure if they have enough cash to get a wishey yet though. Many more TB'ers will have opinions on the wish basses after its alls aid and done and the wishey has made its rounds.:D
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000

A person signs on as a member and deliberately chooses the name "Wishbasser".

He posts 4 times. They all have something to do with Wishbasses. Something's very fishy...

Wishbasser, are you looking for an endorsement deal and all the other companies turned you down?;)
  4. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Here's top secret evidence that our own John Turner is a Wishbass owner. Is that you John er I mean Wishbass???

[​IMG] ;)
  5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    we believe you* really :)

*not really :rolleyes:
  6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
  7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    You've HEARD one played. Have you actually seen one in person? Held it in your hands? The sound of the one that JT's shown holding wasn't really that unbearable, but the bass itself was just atrocious! That was really the biggest piece of crap I've ever played.
  8. Ben_P

Oct 2, 2001
    Alberta, Canada
    Is it really true that you play in a band called the Wishnevsky's?
  9. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Dooohhh! Sorry dude!! I guess this guy could be for real. Check out his website which is complete with an extensive wishbass photo gallery. Here's the info on our new TB member from his site....

Greg Owens: Bass, Guitar. He is the master of three string bass and low-c tuned guitar.
    Ladies and gentlemen, throw up a wet sausage for Greg! He is influenced greatly by the bass legend/deity Mark Sandman, eho is pictured below rocking out. Greg says that you should listen to his former band morphine and like it, you filthy wretch.
  10. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I can understand you digging your Wish after seeing the other basses in your stable.

It's all relative, At least now you have the EMG-experience.
  11. well, yes i do play in a band called the wishnevsky's, i know i have crappy basses and i look stupid, and my wishnevsky 3 string peanut style bass is awesome!:D
  12. Haha...no, i'm not looking for an endorsement deal. But seriosly, i got a kick out of that. thanks.:D
  13. Congrats Wishbass. You are the sole defender of the honor of Wishnevsky on this site. You have before you a hard, arduous task of defending the positive attributes of Wish. in the face of overwhelming odds!!!

I'll help out where I can, as long as it doesn't involve getting up from the couch.

I have heard that have good tone though,akin to a double bass. If dubious construction at times.
  14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that was the worst thing masquerading as a bass that i have ever seen or touched. i've played home made instruments completely handmade by highschoolers that played better and sounded better. just simple measurements being cleaner would've improved that bass hugely. the pickup was so skewed towards the g that the e string was about 1/2 the volume of the other strings. that and the needlessly thick neck cross section were the highlights, or lowlights.

everything i've ever said about them was reinforced by that instrument. i really wanted to like it, i really wanted to discover something that would really change my point of view - my sense of fair play sort of demanded that, but i just can't do it. that "instrument" was nothing short of wretched.

if that wish bass that i played is average for the "instruments" that are produced, i'm of a mind to ban their discussion here in the basses forum - they are obviously _not_ bass guitars in the purest sense that one expects.

if you got a cardboard refrigerator box and put it on top of 4 watermelons, you shouldn't think that you can call it a car.

i'm kidding.

sort of.
  15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the most overwhelming of which are caused by the wretchedness of the "instruments" themselves.
  16. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, i think that the fender/squier 5 he has looks pretty cool.

hey, if he or anyone else digs playing their bass lines on a wishnevsky, then by all means, go for it, imo. post some samples, while you're at it, so that we can hear one of these things in action.
  17. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    -eek- :eek:
  18. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    HAHA! thats great....or something..
  19. That's it, man. Play how you want to play. Oh and by the way, nice basses. I especially dig your eight strings. I bet those things are heavy, eh?:D
  20. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    thanks :) yeah, my 8's are 16 and 13 pounds, fretless and fretted. the 7's are all between 10 and 15 pounds, and the doublewide is 25.