Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wishnevsky!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rllefebv, Jan 20, 2002.

1. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
  2. wow....that is so cool...

3. That is the ugliest Wishnevsky I've seen to date. I really thought he was showing some promise until now. UUUUUUUGGGGGLLLLYYYYYYY!!!!

Them kids and their Rock and/or Roll music!

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    My standard Wishnevsky repsonse:

Kids, remember: Don't drink and luthier.

5. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    WHY ARE THERE ALWAYS BIDS!?!?

6. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    That one looks better than the others. It also looks hand carved(i.e. chisel and hammer)....

7. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    is it wrong to want one of those? not that one, but like, the really horrible ones.. i think it would be cool as hell to have one, but i WILL NOT pay that much for butchered wood.

arent all of his fretless?

8. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I figured it out - Wishnevsky's in prison, and he builds these to pass the time.

:D :D

9. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Different strokes, I guess. Not everyone likes the same thing...I see people paying thousands for basses I think are ugly as sin myself (say, an Anthony Jackson-model Fodera or an Acacia).

This guy is really more into the artist's creation thing than luthiery. He builds a really nice-looking double bass, though.

10. it's probably JT buying them all...

11. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

"......It is one of a kind.", he says. Let's pray that it is.

And not just any old plastic nut and bridge, but a "Corian plastic" nut and bridge!!!! Gee, isn't that what Zemaitis used??? ;)

That's the first time I've seen him call himself a "luthier." Yeah......and Josef Mengele was a "doctor".....

12. It says he lives in North Carolina on that auction! I'm ashamed to live in the same state as him!!!!!!!! *starts packing*

13. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Going to visit his shop, huh? :p

14. oh yes i'm gonna have him custom build me a bass in the shape of a panda :rolleyes:

15. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
  16. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Am I seeing things, or is Wishy actually getting better? :confused:

Few years and he'll be making Fender-clones.. with holes :eek: :D

17. the worst part is.. people actually BUY that stuff.. :eek:

18. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Wow, that is a step up, flamed wood and a better bridge!

19. Boo! They're starting to look better. Someday, I'll buy one, but only one of the really bad ones.

20. "The sound is big and growly, with the first pair in unison, and the rest in octaves."

-meaning two identical G's ?
    er, why?

the headstock design looks interesting, with tuners either side- a nightmare to restring, I suspect, though.