With All of this SX Talk...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkfish01, Dec 24, 2005.

1. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    I'm thinking about getting my own! I play in my church's youth band. These days I go through one of those new Behringer DI Boxes with an OLP Stingray. Although it's fun and all, I was thinking of something a little more impressive. Which brings me to this:

Fretless '62 Jazz Bass in Lake Placid Blue
    with shipping, roughly $140

From Musician's Friend, I would then get pickup covers for both the neck and bridge as well as a tortoise shell pickguard.
    with shipping, roughly $60.

$200 for a bass that looks nice and (hopefully) plays just as nice. In post-Christmas splurging, I also plan on getting a Behringer chorus and limiter enhancer. With the proper cables that would run me a little under $50. What do yall think? Would it be worth it?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    instead of buying a limiter enhancer/chorus i would take the SX and get it a nice fretjob, IMO its their weakpoint.

3. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    But it's fretless...

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :D

5. djembe

djembe

Dec 24, 2005
    Groves, Tx
    Give it a fretjob anyway... :D

6. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Be careful with those pickguards, I heard they dont have the same number of screwholes as the fender ones. Look into it

7. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    I made sure they did. Both have ten screw holes. If worse comes to worse, I can just drill another hole in. I'll be doing that anyways for the pickup covers.

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us

cool deal. I'm running up to Union after work on the 3rd or 4th to pick me up a Geetar.

the STL Ash
    http://www.rondomusic.net/stlash.html

stlash1.

mine will get a humbucker in the neck spot and a tort guard in the near future

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Hmmm.... Kurts been busy

spjash1.

sstashmn1.