Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

With All of this SX Talk...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkfish01, Dec 24, 2005.

1. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    I'm thinking about getting my own! I play in my church's youth band. These days I go through one of those new Behringer DI Boxes with an OLP Stingray. Although it's fun and all, I was thinking of something a little more impressive. Which brings me to this:

Fretless '62 Jazz Bass in Lake Placid Blue
    with shipping, roughly $140

From Musician's Friend, I would then get pickup covers for both the neck and bridge as well as a tortoise shell pickguard.
    with shipping, roughly $60.

$200 for a bass that looks nice and (hopefully) plays just as nice. In post-Christmas splurging, I also plan on getting a Behringer chorus and limiter enhancer. With the proper cables that would run me a little under $50. What do yall think? Would it be worth it?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    instead of buying a limiter enhancer/chorus i would take the SX and get it a nice fretjob, IMO its their weakpoint.

3. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    But it's fretless...

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :D

5. djembe

djembe

Dec 24, 2005
    Groves, Tx
    Give it a fretjob anyway... :D

6. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Be careful with those pickguards, I heard they dont have the same number of screwholes as the fender ones. Look into it

7. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    I made sure they did. Both have ten screw holes. If worse comes to worse, I can just drill another hole in. I'll be doing that anyways for the pickup covers.

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us

cool deal. I'm running up to Union after work on the 3rd or 4th to pick me up a Geetar.

the STL Ash
    http://www.rondomusic.net/stlash.html

[​IMG]

mine will get a humbucker in the neck spot and a tort guard in the near future

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Hmmm.... Kurts been busy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]