1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

***?! (With soundclips)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JoeyZ, Mar 15, 2009.

1. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    So, I was futzing with my DOD grunge distortion pedal and it was sounding like total crap. The battery must have been really low because the signal was terrible, but when I switched the pedal off a bit of fuzz remained.
    This small amount of fuzz on top of my almost unaltered bass signal sounds AMAZING!

This can't a fluke, there's got to be pedals MADE for this type of sound.

I'll give you an example of what exactly I'm talking about.
    What!!:bassist:

check it out.

Oh, and the first couple of seconds is me very lightly tapping the notes out, but when you dig in both the fuzziness and the Regular signal meld together to make something I think is really cool!

2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Sounds like a fuzz with a clean blend, there's quite a few out there, Attack Goat, Pickle Pie B, etc. Quite why your DOD is making that sound with a dying battery is a mystery to me though!

3. You might want to look into the Devi Ever Year of the Rat. It basically passes your clean tone straight through, and then just puts some fuzz/fizz on the overtones of your signal. Kinda similar to that clip.

4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Did you change the battery on that pedal?...that's usually the cause of what makes your bass sound like that even if you turn the pedal off. and does your pedal have an ac adapter input? if so, get an ac adapter. that way your bass will sound normal and will not make that sputtering noise if the battery is drained.