1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Witnessed a horrid event.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by machine gewehr, Nov 1, 2010.

1. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I was on my way home with some packaces in my left hand.

A dog,a very big one,was walking just behind me.He was absolutely harmless just like any other dog around here.

Having dog phobia I left the pavement and started walking on the road,sticking to the side of course and had my pepper spray ready in my right pocket.

I saw a car coming so I jumped to the pavement as I don't trust drivers in this country,and I was proven right...I heard a terrible crash sound,turned back and saw the car leaving.Dog was shouting in pain,trying to get back on its feet.Street was full of car debris.

The dog got back on its feet and puked all it had inside.Started walking slowly but it was dizzy,was not at itself.

I rushed home,left my stuff and got out to ask the local stores if they knew the owner.On the way I saw the car,the driver was taking pictures of the damage and did not care about the dog at all.I started walking towards them to talk,but I know myself.If I started talking,there were 2 places I'd spend the night:A hospital or jail.I was mad with rage and I was ~30 meters away from a military establishment.Not a good idea.

I asked about the dog to local stores,described where it happened and where the dog went incase some one looks for him.Gave him some sausages I made for myself but it was lying with no signs of life.Couldn't tell if it was breating or not as it was too dark.

Man,I still hear that scream.I became numb.I go numb when I get angry beyond some point.I got an exam tomorrow,glad I didn't attack that blind ***hole but I still want to rip him apart.:mad:

Stuff like this makes me sad beyond words.This kinda stuff really touches me.Also the idea of "if I was not afraid of the poor thing and was walking on the pavement,probably he'd follow me and be safe" makes me feel like hitting my dog phobiad head to the walls.

I need a drink.

2. I have a hard time not siding with you on the "I need a drink" issue. But don't ;)

Glad you didn't clock the guy; I know a lot of guys would have

3. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    How do you know the dog didn't dart out or swerve into the road at the last second? I've seen it happen too many times and it takes a skilled driver to avoid something jumping out when you're not expecting it.

4. I watched a guy roll over a dog in slow moving bumper-to-bumper traffic once. He just rolled the dog. I'm sure he saw it, and probably expected the dog to move, but the dog didn't move and the driver didn't stop. It definitely leaves an impression.

Try not to think about it. The incident will slowly creep into your unconscious, just give it time.

5. That sucks man. I've seen stuff like that and it makes my blood boil!

6. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I saw this happen to my puppy when I was 12 years old. I never forgot the awful experience and wished that I had done something to the driver.

7. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    No, you don't.

Have you had your psychiatrist appointment yet?

8. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    After I saw the car,I looked behind to check the dog,it was almost in the middle of the road under a spotlight.I actually saw the event.Driver was probably drunk or way too stupid to handle a car.

No I still haven't,but I managed not to drink on saturday night.Took me until the morning to sleep,but I realised I missed being normal/sober when I wake up.

9. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
    Don't put this on yourself, you did not cause it. You were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

10. Exactly!

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    What kind of dog?

-Mike

12. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    a bitch?

13. OtterOnBass

OtterOnBass

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Worst I saw was driving late one night, taking my girlfriend home. Just outside of town, I saw a reflective eye on the side of the road -- it was a rabbit. The back half was flat as a pancake, the front ... so terrified and pathetic, trying to pull itself with it's front legs... we both burst into tears. She begged me to go back and run it over.

14. When I was in high school, I started my morning bad. I stubbed my toe so hard, my mom had to take me to the ER. Not broke but got a shot in the hip for pain. Then later that day I had a dentist appt, and another shot to get a filling.
    On the way home from the dentist, I was driving thru a neighborhood, when I saw a lady jogging on one side of the street. A dog ran across the road to her, so I went into the opposite lane to go around the dog. The dog suddenly changed his mind and went back the other way and needless to say, I hit it. Now, a scared teen, limping still in pain from toe and mouth still numb, burst into tears and asked the lady if it was her dog. It wasn't but she pointed to a house she thought owned the dog. I had to knock on the door and tell the owners I hit their dog. The owner came out and picked the dog up to take to vet (it was still alive but crying..poor thing). The guy said it was ok and not to cry. The dog bit him. I cried harder. He said it was gonna be ok and I went home. years went by and I often thought about the dog. More years passed and I met this guy and started dating him. We went driving one night and we drove thru that neighborhood. I flinched and he asked me what was wrong. I told him I hit a dog years ago in that area. He said "I bet I can point to the house that dog lived" I said Yea right. He proceeded to point to the house!! I was like "how the ***** did you know?" He said "cause that was my dog you hit!". The man was a few years older than me, but I didn't recognize him and of course, he didn't live in that house anymore. He told me the dog was still living in another state with his ex girlfriend. All I did was break the dog's hip.
    Well that wasn't the only thing that broke in the relationship. I got pregnant with his baby and he dumped me. Go figure. I ended up miscarrying too cause the stress.
    But glad I was the dog was ok!
    Sorry you had to witness that, I hate it when things like that happen.

15. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    I admire how you still care so much for the dog even though you have a dog phobia!
    That really shows great character!

16. That's horrific!!! :(

17. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
    Reminds me of when I was living in LA. Barrelling along with traffic on the 101 in the Valley one evening, up ahead there are brake lights and cars swerving. A large dog (maybe a sheepdog) is getting pinballed around 5 lanes of traffic. Truly a horrid sight. I managed to avoid it but did get a spray of blood and gore on the front end and windshield.

18. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Terrible outcome for that dog! I'm sitting here at the laptop with a 52 pounder on the other end of the sofa.

Some people do not appear to value dogs what-so-ever, and place them somewhere near squirrels, rats, or other animals that they consider pests.

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    What are you guys doing? Seeing who can tell the saddest story about seeing an animal die?

-Mike

20. :p

I find it funny that this was how you opened the story. Don't want to leave out that little vital piece of information :D