1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wizzy 12M paired with Bergantino AE?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mingusfingaz, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Hey all,

I'm wondering if there would be any issues with pairing a wizzy mline with the AE112. I'm a electric and upright player, who's picking up the EA doubler to cover my amp. The problem is, when i play electric i want that modern sound of the full tweeter. But I love the wizzy M for upright... haven't picked up either yet, but just planning/scheming. Anyone have thoughts on this?

2. I'm familiar with both those cabs, but have not heard them together. I would think few have... very differently voiced, which usually makes a mess when combined.

IMO, you would be much better off to buy a 4ohm Wizzy for your DB, and then an AE212 (4ohm) for your EB gigs.

3. If your M-Line is a four-ohm cab, and most of them are, I would consider doing the EA 8-ohm speaker swap and picking up a second M-Line in eight ohms.

The speaker swap is pricy, but IMO, it would be worth it to run two of those cabs together with the Doubler.

The M-Line is a fine cabinet for electric gigs that aren't hugely loud. I played a rocking theatre show this summer (Rent) with a very loud acoustic drummer, and had more than enough volume with my Shuttle 9.0 to play the gig.

Two of them would do just about any common gig venue.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021