Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wizzy 200 combo

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by MikeInZion, Jan 16, 2004.

1. I'm looking for a small DB amp. After reading this forum, I've found out that Euphonic Audio makes really good amps, and I am close to purchasing a wizzy 200 combo. What do ya'all think of this brand/amp? I plan to use it for jazz gigs, again, DB only, maybe EB at practises. Is there other amp suggestions? $1200 is about my limit, which is what I can get it for around here. Does anyone have one? Can you get decent lows out of it?

MikeInZion

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have numerous EA cabs, including a Wizzy 1x12 (unpowered). It is really a wonderful sounding cab. The Wizzy is (intentionally) not as flat or uncolored as EA's other cabs, but what coloration it does have is very natural. Warm, yet clear and distinct. I would think that it would meet your needs quite well. I also own an iAMP 800 amp. EA definitely makes great amps as well. The EQ section is very powerful, but to be honest, it is not something that you can master quickly. I am still tinkering with it to find my best sound. You do have lots of EQ-ing options, though.

I tend to use my Wizzy with my Mesa Boogie Walkabout head. Those two really pair up well.

Hope this helps, Tom.

3. songdog

songdog

Oct 9, 2003
    I am looking at the wizzy also. I have a line on a vintage ampeg 115 blue diamond(115 lbs). It is old and I noticed that musiciansfriend.com has this new rig @ 2k. I have a mesa D-180 and teal cabs. The reason I am looking at the wizzy is the portablity and sound quality(45 lbs). I think the wizzy is a better deal. Any thoughts? Later Gator

4. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    If you want to keep the weight down consider the unpowered Wizzy cab with an Acoustic Image Clarus head. It'll be about 10 lbs lighter than the Wizzy combo and still be a 200 watt rig.