Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wizzy or CXL 112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ShantiCat, Apr 14, 2005.

1. ShantiCat

ShantiCat Supporting Member

I know that there are countless reviews of these cabs but does anyone have experience of which one would be best paired with my iAMP 350 combo? I am looking for more bottom end.

2. ShantiCat

Anyone have a suggestion? :)

3. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

I don't think the 350 is rated for 2 ohm operation, is it? The Wizzy is 4 ohms, the CxL-112 is 8, so the Cxl seems like your default choice, between those two. IME, the 112 makes quite a bit of low end. I ran a 112 and various other cabs with my 350, it worked well.

4. ShantiCat

Good point, I did not thnk of that. Well this makes it easier to make a decison. Thanks for your help.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The CxL-112 has a deeper low end response, but the Wizzy is more full, to my ears. If you can't run a 2 ohm load on the iAMP 350 head (the 500 and 800 will do a 2 ohm load), then the NL-210 is also more full sounding in the lows to low mids, but again, the CxL-112 goes deeper. An 8 0hm CxL-210 or VL-210 might be your best bet, though they are heavier, and you'd have to buy one used).