Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WM 12 or NP 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steve S, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I'm looking for a combo that I can use in rehearsals and can add a speaker for more volume. Play rock and blues.

I'm trying to decide between the WM 12 or the Nemesis 210.

Can someone tell me their experiences with these two amps?

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I have a Nemesis NC210 Combo amp. I love it. It sounds great and for the price it really is unbeatable. I would like to stick a a 2x10 cab under it to give it more umph... I recommend it.. don't know much about the other amp. sorry

3. get the nemesis...they are by far the best 2x10 combo out there in that price range. I honestly htink that the nemesis will blow the WM out of the water. Plus, get a 4ohm 2x10 to put underneath the nemesis later, and you will be a lean mean bass playing machine...loud too.....

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Steve, the SWR WM 12 is not in the same class as the Nemesis IMHO.

Not near as loud, and I personally think that the Nemesis series sounds better than the Workingman's series too.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I have a WM 12, and I don't care for the sound of the Nemesis 210, but the 210 is louder and probably would be your best bet, of the two.

6. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    Thank you for your responses to my question. It helps a lot to see what others have experienced with these amps.