Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

woah!! bassman 25

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, May 22, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    it is very expensive in my opinion, but i've never tried a so powerful little amp!! glory to the bassman 25 and to that wonderful additional speaker output...incrediblle, punchy and loud without distortion even with my hot spector 5 string. i'm sure that it would be enough for jamming with my band, drums included
    if i only have the money...

2. NJXT

NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    I tried the Bassman 100 and I really digged the sound.
    But 25W seems a little weak to me, for jamming.
    THe problem is that, if you have to go all tha way up on the volume knob, you'll probably get some distorsion.

3. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Ext speaker out?Are you sure about that.Alot of folks got on Fender/Rich Breire about there not being one on the Bassman 400.If they didnt put one on that model i sinserely doubt theres one on the 25.Perhaps your confusing an XLR out with an ext speaker jack.Good luck!

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i got no distrotion at all, even at the maximum volume. and the spealer out is available for sure, i tried it with an ampeg svt810...

5. 40fathoms

40fathoms

May 23, 2001
    Canada
    I'm not sure about the bassman 25, but my 2 year old Fender Frontman 15B has an ext speaker jack. It doesn't give you any extra power by using it though.

40fathoms

6. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I had a fender sidekick bass 30. It was pretty damn loud. I am not surprised that the bassman 25 is as well. I have heard good things about this amp from several TB members... I may pick one up myself. Does this one have a line out along with the speaker out?