Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Woah! This really is Hotel California!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Ok, drama in my house part 2. We all know the story of me and the infamous one night stand. Well, it get stranger...

We just discovered that one of the other roommates has serious multiple personality disorder. Tiffany (roommate/house owner) told me that she saw Jeremy was yelling at himself and crying in a weird voice. She claimed he was arguing with himself. I didn't really think too much of it until Chris (other roommate) said he saw the same thing at a different time. Still didn't take it too seriously. Well, now I've seen it for myself. Jeremy is a psycho. He was yelling and crying at himself and woke everybody else up (I was working on music at the time). His voice was different; it sounded like that dude in Silence of the Lambs. Yelling at himself, crying excessively, slamming doors... This has been going on for about an hour now, but it finally is abating a bit.

What the Hell?!!! I'm surronded by crazy people!! Tiffany and I want to get rid of Jeremy, but how? If we tell him we want him out, he may freak out again. I don't think he's dangerous, but I don't want to take any chances. Should I try to talk him down when he is in one of his fits? Or should I ignore him until he calms down? Any psych majors want to comment on this one?

Man, this moving to California thing has been pretty nuts.... I think I need to move to Alaska and find me a nice Eskimo woman...

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    AFAIK mupltiples are very rare, there are even cases where people were wrongly diagnosed as multiples.

Try to help him get medical/psychiatric help. Sounds like he's having a psychosis or schizophrenia.

3. Cant u call like a doctor or a paramedic. I mean u said his episodes last for like an hour or so. Thats heaps of time.

:D:D

Merls

4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I really don't believe there are that many psychos on Earth. Actually, I'm pretty sure there are none.

REDRUM... REDRUM... REDRUM...

:D

5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    people with multiple personalities can be fun. if that's the case. if the person is psychotic, that can be dangerous.

one of my friends fell in love with a girl who had genuine multiple personalities. he said it totally freaked him out at first and that there was no way she was making the stuff up. when she went into another personality he said her entire face changed, it was like he was in a horror show or something. blew his mind. he learned to accept it and went with the flow. ps. this guys nuts too.

last time i was with him (he moved to colorado) we were out in a restauruant and he had to call to ask her something. he spoke to her for about 3 minutes, hung up the phone and started dialing again. i asked who he was calling now? he said, Liz (that's her name). I said, "you just did."
    he said, "no, I got lizzie (one of her multiples), so i have to call back."

sounds like a fun place you're living in. i wouldn't talk too much or they may raise your rent for the extra amenities.

6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    If the person ever becomes a physical danger to either himself or others, call 911. An ambulance will pick them up and they typically will hold the person for a day or two for observation and testing. It may be exactly what this person needs to get professional help.

With most of these people, the proper medication can make them completely normal and productive citizens.

7. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I want to make judgements on nobody, but isn't such an attitude the most efficient way to send the girl deeper and deeper into the abyss of her madness ?

8. O.K.

1) You've just moved to a state that has Gary Coleman running for Governor.

2) A lovely young lass has had her way with you, and, is now playing the amnesia game.

3) You've just discovered one of your roommates is a male Sybil. http://www.fright.com/edge/sybil.html

Are you sure everyone in that house can see their reflection in the mirror?

Let me consult my crystal ball for you...

Next thing is a severed head delivered in person by John Quincy Adams. :eek:

I strongly suggest walking home.

If you leave right now you can make it by Halloween. :D

You have to post pics of this nut house.

Good luck. Keep your door locked. :p

Mike :D

9. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

And you wanted to move to SF?

Yes, this person needs professional help. While psychotherapy might be useful, optimally I think this person need to be managed with both counselling and medication, thus a psychaitric doctor's care would seem to be most appropriate.

Who is the person who would be responsible for this person's care if he were unable to care for himself. That person needs to take action now to help.

10. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    in actuality i believe that's probably the best way to help her. she is under a psychiatrist's care, and it's not as if my friend is condoning the behavior. she can't just STOP doing it. being accepting and loving of who she is, as is, is actually a pretty rare, and IMO beautiful, healing thing.

11. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    True multiple-personality disorder is so rare that it is highly unlikely you're seeing it.

Bipolarism is far more common, and may in fact be what you're witnessing.

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    (eddie vedder whine)

jeremy spoke in...tongues today...

13. I think I recall a study that concluded there has only been like 30 known cases of true MPD in the world. The rest are just schizophrenia and similar disorders.

14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Welcome to California, enjoy your stay.:D

15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Ya, its san francisco... its not known for being the most normal place on earth...

16. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Well, Tiffany asked Jeremy about the incident last night. He looked at her like she was crazy; he didn't remember anything about it.

Chris said that Jeremy told him that his doctor had diagnosed him with MPD. If he can't even remember what happened, maybe he truly does have MPD. Or he's posessed.

All this and Chris is moving out. We have a young lady coming to look at the room today. I wonder if we should tell her about Jeremy.... nah! That would spoil the surprise!:smug:

17. Uh oh. Round two coming up. :D

Mike :D

18. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Dang it :mad:

Now I have to dig the thread about you and the sexually abusive Californian girls up again :spit:

;) :cool:

19. BaroqueBass

BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    When Jeremy slips into another personality, beat him senseless with blunt metal objects. This is known as Neuro-associative Conditioning (copyright, Anthony Robbins.) Basically he'll begin to equate massive amounts of pain to being in another personality, and his brain will go "no no no! I like being Jeremy and not being beat to death." You might have to smack him up a few times, but like a wild horse, he will eventually be broken.

You can pay my secretary on the way out. :)

20. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Odd, since this condition is referred to as Dissociative Identity Disorder, (DID), and has not been known as Multiple-Peronsality Disorder, for quite some time. Did a psychiatrist give this diagnosis, or an MD? HUGE difference.