Wobble's First Annual Classic Rock Cruise - Now Boarding!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Son of Wobble, May 15, 2021.

1. Absolutely

46 vote(s)
    64.8%
  2. Positively

25 vote(s)
    35.2%
  1. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    Come on board as we spend the next twenty-four hours on the high seas enjoying a revel underscored by a lack of social distancing and an even greater lack of propriety, as we swig beer and cocktails, stuff buffet trays into our gormless faces, and shake our overfed and under-exercised booties to the dulcet tones of classic rock, performed by the artists who made the songs famous.

There will be many rock and roll related events, a second bandstand so as to feature Talk Bass performers, and of course the obligatory shuffleboard.

Hoping @BurnOut and @Tony In Philly will pitch in by conceptualizing and spearing some events -- after all, there are three ballrooms on this majestic vessel!

For now, Captain Lem salutes you and welcomes you aboard!

349.jpg
    original.jpeg

2. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    @bobyoung53 if you could provide some nautical-themed rock throughout the thread, Captain Lemmy would be much obliged.

3. Well I gotta check this place out before I see what type of nautical music would be appropriate so I'll just drop in to see what condition my condition will be in.

Buz71 and EatS1stBassist like this.
  4. Alright, didn't take very long to figure out what's going to be going on here:

Jimmy4string, Buz71 and DrMole like this.
  5. OK and one of Boston's finest wants to come to the fiesta!

6. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    Even the dock is rockin' -- we got Joe Strummer to send you off with a smile.

People, please remember to leave your alcoholic beverages in the trunk of your car -- onboard booze must be purchased at jaw-dropping markup from our bartenders and servers. We apologize for any inconvenience or poverty this racket may cause.
    clash-busking-1985.jpg 11722863_l.jpg \

Tony In Philly likes this.
  7. ClusterFlux

ClusterFlux Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Clearly this experience calls for some Yacht Rock.

8. What kind of a high seas drunken blast of a party would be complete without The Beach Boys?

9. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    Sammy Hagar can be found autographing his brand in the Captains Helm Bar.

You will be able to chat with Sammy for up to three minutes as he personalizes your autograph in real time.
    You are also welcome to photograph or otherwise record Sammy signing your bottle.

Signed bottles are available for $1200.
    There is also the "Shots with Sammy" where you can down a shot with Sammy (photography allowed). $3200

Sea-Dream-002-1940x1293.jpg Dh3QE1ZV4AAA2uh.jpg

10. Hummergeist

Hummergeist Commercial User

Jul 21, 2020
    London
    Ableton Live tutorials and product reviews for Computer Music magazine.
  11. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    I am super-excited about the scheduled 3 PM event, a drunken fistfight on the lower deck on the subject of Yachtrock.
    Sign up Now for either "Team Boomer" or "Team Z" at a station located in the lower deck bar. And by the way, drinks are 2-for-1 for the next 30 minutes on lower deck.

6a00d83451bab869e2010535dce4ef970b-800wi.png

12. I apologize, I had to hurry up and throw my girlfriend overboard, shh.. Don't tell my wife.

behind-view-person-small-wooden-600w-1559174849.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  13. Somebody better take the Captain back to his berth so he can sleep it off.

sleepy-tired-sailor-officer-uniform-600w-1425621488.jpg

14. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    ATTENTION: Paul Stanley's Painting Class begins in the Prends Cette Oreille Putain Banquet Room.
    Paul is a modern-day Van Gogh, but with the dough to get his ear restructured.

Paul' original canvases begin at $30,000.
    Pro tip: If you flatter Paul, he's been known to knock 8% off his prices!

maxresdefault.jpg maxresdefault-1.jpg

notJaco and bobyoung53 like this.
  15. Here's Paul's painting partner, he specializes in painting uncooked seafood and also plays bass in his new band 'Stan'. He has also subbed in ZZ Top for Dusty Hill.

funny-blue-eyed-seaman-holds-260nw-1805720107.jpg

16. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    RLC7Asset-143-390x260.png RLC7Asset-13-390x260.png RLC7Asset-142-390x260.png RLC7Asset-144-390x260.png Lemmy-website-dolphin-1-400x250.jpg maxresdefault-2.jpg

17. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    I'm sittin' here reading this thread, listenin' to my Jimmy Buffett greatest hits cd, sippin' a rum and coke, and wishing I was...
    Actually no, I'm perfectly fine here.
    You folks carry on.

18. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

damn, i'm off to a birthday party/jam in a bit, but if you're still at it when i get back = i'll party with you! :hyper:

save some food and beverage!

bobyoung53 and Son of Wobble like this.
  19. If the ocean liner starts to capsize grab a lifeboat quick, this boat may not meet Federal regulations.

escape-crisis-funny-face-600w-611915264.jpg

Malak the Mad likes this.
  20. Ross W. Lovell

Ross W. Lovell

Oct 31, 2015

So basically, REALLY BIG yacht rock?

Oddly and Son of Wobble like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021