1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

WOBO Patchbay and Prog foot controller - Rackmount your FX!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by OrangeSun, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Hey everybody. I am selling a WOBO MFX Patchbay and the Prog foot controller. The patchbay has 8 send/return loops, and can be set up in myriad ways including the ability to use the foot controller switch #4 as an amp channel switch, and the ability to put up to 4 of the send/return loops in front of the amp and up to 4 send/return loops in the effects loop of the amp. The Patchbay is rackmountable, and the perfect piece neccesary to create a rackmount or tabletop effects setup, where you can still trigger things from the floor with the controller.

The prog controller has 8 switches as well as a bypass switch that will deactivate all loops. You can set certain switches to be able to turn on and off together, or make it so a certain switch will deactivate all other switches when pressed. Any of the 8 switches can trigger any combination of the 8 loops.

This is all true bypass equipment set with DIP switches. It can run without any power, though it does have LED's that require a 9voltDC to run. Both the patchbay and the controller have LED's.

Patchbay: http://woboge.com/remote_patch.html

Controller: http://woboge.com/remote_prog.html

250 Shipped in the CONUS.

Thanks!

2. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    bump

Make an offer! Cash/ cash+trade/ trade

Primarily looking for cash

3. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    bump

4. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    bump for a sunny day

5. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    bump

6. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    anyone make an offer...

7. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    eternally on sale

8. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    price drop

9. surfingbird1

surfingbird1

May 22, 2008
    DIBS - Please answer my PMs I am trying to take it off your hands

10. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    It has been a bit over a year since I was active on this site and I had forgotten about this piece which was long ago stowed away in a box. There was a buyer once upon a time who was very interested and then disappeared out of nowhere. I suppose I thought it would never sell, but alas I still have it, and I still don't use it.

Don't know why I did not originally post this but one of the switches on the foot controller is broken. Ideally, someone who can fix it themselves would buy this and it would be incredibly easy to solder in a new switch. This does not affect the other switches at all and the rest of both parts of the unit work perfectly. I think that 250 shipped is still a fair price for the unit even with the one broken switch seeing as the unit has only been owned by me, was gigged with once or twice, and originally cost me over double what I am offering it for now.

I will post pictures here shortly of the unit. Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

Note: The bottom of the broken switch (#2) is still inside the controller soldered onto its connecting cables.

[​IMG]

These switches control which loops on the patchbay are activated by each footswitch

[​IMG]

These switches are on the other side and control whether or not footswitches can be activated at the same time. If the switch's are all set one way, then only one footswitch can be active at a time, and hitting one will disengage whichever one is currently active. Which all of these switches the other way, you can have all 8 footswitches engaged at the same time. You can use these switches to have some of the foot controls turn on one effect at a time so you can add them together, while other foot controls turn on a certain combination of patchbay loops simultaneously and disengage any other active footswitch.

[​IMG]

hook side velcro, will remove if you like.

[​IMG]

patchbay

[​IMG]

More patchbay. The one labeled "CH" on top is used to setup footswitch number 4 as a channel switcher for an amp. The two IN and OUT sections can be used in myriad different ways, but the simplest way would be that you plug your bass into the IN of section A and then plug the OUT of section B into your amp. The OUT of section A comes after the first four loops on the patchbay. You can use this to have 4 different loops or effects go into the effect loop on your amp, back into the IN section of B where you could then have 4 more effects which would be running directly into the amp instead of the effects loop via the OUT of section B. It is also possible to use this functionality to make the unit into an A/B/Y box for switching between two amps. There are many other things you could do with this.

[​IMG]

rackmountable

[​IMG]

The whole set

11. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Make an offer folks, this is a ridiculously low price but at this point I need to sell this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.