Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wohoo! New car!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joris, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Woohoo! New car!

It's a '98 Fiat Marea Weekend. Black metallic, climate control, runs on LPG/G3. This I have to explain. In Holland, petrol is more expensive than gold (E 1.15 a liter), while Liquified Petrol Gas (LPG) only costs about a quarter of that (about E 0.30 a liter here in the south) and you only pay a bit more tax for the LPG rig and the added weight.

I used to drive a '90 Fiat Uno. I'm giving it to my girlfriend. She didn't have a car yet.

Now my rig fits in my car! :bassist:

[​IMG]

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Fiat. Doesn't that stand for "Fix It Again, Tony"? j/k! :D Congrats! Wheels are good!

3. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Fiat still makes cars?:confused:

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Cool man. Owning your own car is great. :)

But about that avatar...wouldn't a six string really only have about 50 notes or so to choose from in reality? ;)

5. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    yes. They just stopped selling them in the U.S.

My dad had an '81 Fiat (don't know the model) back in the day. He said it was a lot of fun to drive, but he had to sell it because my family got too big to fit in it comfortably. That and the floors were rusting out.

6. Hmm. Looks pretty cool. Get some wheels for it that don't make it look like some kinda beetle, and you're set! Just needs a decent 'tude and it's all good. Something senseable.

7. Yup, Fiat is one of the bigger car companies in Europe. They own Fiat (duh!), Alfa, and Lamborghini I think.

Both Fiat and Alfa have this myth of selling rusty cars. My old '90 Uno has 2 spots on the driver's door, and has been parked outside for the last 13 years ;)

BTW 6 strings, 24 frets per string, makes 144.

8. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

24 frets, plus open notes = 25 notes per string. 20 notes are overlapped from the previous string = 5 new actual notes per string above B = 25 + 5*5 = 50

;)

9. That's exactly what I'm NOT gonna do ;)! I'm sticking to the factory steel wheels and standard tyres. That way I can bump up and down every sidewalk without worrying if I damage my expensive tyres and wheels. Sure they look cool, but my old car has them and I damaged a tyre twice hitting the sidewalk. No more alloys for me.

Besides. The car doesn't need it. Put nicer covers on there (black!) and I'm set.

10. Hey, let me have my 144 notes! Which by the way, as you said yourself, should actually be 150!!! I'm changing my avatar description!

11. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Hahaha ok I'm just being a punk on purpose. ;) :D

150 it is.

12. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    That's nice. I was seriously considering a Marea sedan when I was getting my new car. It's a lovely car, but designed for Central Europe an such so it doesn't handle very well in thick snow which we see few months every year here in Scandinavia. So I had to leave it for you guys in the south. I'm sure it works for you, though! :)

I ended up with '98 Nissan Almera, by the way. Lots of space for rig, if you turn down the backseat.

13. I hope so. This summer, my girlfriend and me are taking the Marea for a vacation in Norway. But hey, there's no snow there in the summertime, so I'm guess I'm cool (pun intended).

14. Nice car dude, best friend has one of those, only light metallic blue! Everything except the little plastc parts in the interior design(Look in the compartment between the front seats, see the lock...get a spare!) is good! Don't know about the LPG, but the gasoline 1.6 is a hellraiser compared to a Corolla :)

Oh, Tsal, I live ~400km's south of you and my friend hasn't had any trouble with his Marea.

15. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    FIAT stands for Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino which can be translated in Factory Italian Car Turin where Turin is the italian city where tha main plant of Fiat is located.

Fiat owns Alfa Romeo, Lancia and FERRARI.

Fiat are still made and despite some financial troubles and an agreement with General Motors i sincerely hope they will continue in making cars.

Fiat is a big part of italian industrialization history, you can have an overview of the actual production on their website

www.fiat.com

16. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Cool! Not really a fan of FIAT, but I hope you enjoy your new car! I wish I'd gotten my car - Ford Mondeo - converted to LPG when I'd got it, would save a fortune in fuel!

17. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I'd be more worried about wild reindeers than snow, if I were you ;)