Wojtek Pilichowski

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Funkadelic000, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
  2. W. Pilichowski is one of the best bassist in the world, I think he's the best slapper

your opinion?
  3. Bassart1

Bassart1 Guest

Jun 26, 2003
    When one hears such sounds only one name comes to mind; W.Pilichowski
  4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

brad cook
  5. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    i don't know how to see it...:crying:
  6. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sorry, didn't move me at all. Seen and heard everything in those vids before. Couldn't bother to check out the MP3's. But thanks for sharing!
  7. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Sorry to say, there is a real long line of slappers in front of him!
    You must live a somewhat sheltered life. He is not bad and he reminds me of a Mark King clone. Sorry Mark smokes him for breakfast, lunch, dinner and any other snacks. There are a lot of slappers better than Mark!
  8. Too say that someone is the "best" or that someone is better than another is just not giving ANYONE their fair credit. We are musicians, we have unique tastes, ideas, techniques, moods, and experiences.

Truly none of us are "better" than anyone else.
  9. Yeah, he is quite an astounding bass player. I'm inspired. I'm gonna practice now. :)
  10. FR5

Feb 12, 2004
    Mr. Pilichowsky will be playing at the European Bass Day on November 28 in Viersen, Germany. Along with a few other excellent bass players. Here is a link for more info:

I'll be there, come and join the party if you can.

11. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    He's good, but I've heard much better. Hell, Alain Caron would smoke him.
  12. I would like to recommend the lastest Pilichowski's album "Jazzga Live". In April this year, he gave me this album with dedication !!!
    Great Cd!!! But you can buy it only in polish stores ;/.
  13. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    Come on man,I'd thought with your name Funkadelic000 that you'd be somewhat better educated when it came to this however it is your opinion.
    Anyway I hear no concept of a groove whatsoever,and his tone is lot to be desired at least by me. I've heard way to many slappers (or thumping what we called it back in the day)to even he remotely be considered for this so call title of best slapper.
  14. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    To me, the "world's best slapper" is like having the "world's fastest chihuahua". What's the point?
  15. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Are you kiddin' me?! I would KILL for the world's fastest chihuahua...I'd ride that little guy everywhere.

brad cook
  16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I think that you are entitled to your opinion.
  17. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
  18. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Well...............the cat is good! He is, however, not doing anything new nor innovative but he is good. I'd like to hear some fingerstyle playing and maybe some fretless work. He needs to come to the states and get heard. Ever hear of Ray Reindou? Same stuff. No big deal!
  19. peterjc

Nov 3, 2004
    don't be to hard,
    we all have our heroes and he is good enough to be a hero