1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wolfpak polyfoam case at GC.....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by g4string, Apr 10, 2009.

1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
  2. I have 5 polyfoam cases, although not that particular brand.

They eventually crumble at the corners through being bashed around in vans etc & general gigging, so they'll last maybe 2 -3 years.

If you're not heavy gigging, I think they're great - light, absorbant of bumps - and the corners don't knock lumps out of the walls/furniture/doorposts etc when you're taking them in & out of the house..............

:)

So, mixed blessings.

3. I just bought this case for my EBMM Stingray, and it is a very high quality case, very light, very durable; the Ray fits perfectly. My P-basses fit well also, even with the Dunlop straplock pegs. However, a Jazz bass is a tight, if not impossible fit. With Straplock pegs, which are slightly longer, it does not fit. For me it's not an issue, but a cautionary note for J-bass owners. Great case, really.

4. The only problem I have had with mine so far is with the little rubber "feet" on the bottom of the case.They are screwed into the wood that forms the bottom of the case and you have to be careful or they will unscrew or strip right out of the wood.

5. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    LOL! My wife no longer lets me bring my Anvil flight cases into the apartment for that very reason!