1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

SOLD Wolfy Trope's Witchfinder General bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lumdingo, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Lumdingo

Lumdingo

Dec 8, 2012
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Hire me to design your band's Merch.
    Price:
    400 USD
    Strings:
    Back when seminal New Wave Of British Heavy Metal band Witchfinder General were recording their first album, they didn't have a regular bassist. It turns out that the guitarist and primary song writer Phil Cope learned to play guitar by first playing bass in a country and western band called The Jays.This is the bass he played.

Phil Cope merely made up a fake name Wolfy Trope for the album cover credits and asked their one and only roadie to pose on the album cover with them to complete the illusion of there being a fourth member. And thus legends are born.

So here's your only chance to own a killer piece of doom metal and NWOBHM history.

Sincerely Liam Hayes from www.WitchfinderGeneral.net

Open to offers and trades. This is a 24.5" scale bass. Very guitar like in feel and string spacing, but with a real deep bassy sound.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    StayLow likes this.
  2. Lumdingo

Lumdingo

Dec 8, 2012
    This bass is a 1960's Hondo short scale bass.

Attached Files:

lancimouspitt likes this.
  3. lancimouspitt

lancimouspitt

Dec 10, 2008
    dayton Ohio
    Was just listening to friends of hell this morning.
    Awesome piece of history!

Lumdingo likes this.
  4. Lumdingo

Lumdingo

Dec 8, 2012
    Such a great band, with a great story. It was all a mystery until I built the website and some friends of the band introduced us.

5. Lumdingo

Lumdingo

Dec 8, 2012
    How do I add a listing photo to this listing, like all the rest? And why does my as not show up when I look at the Classifieds section? I just posted it last night, and it doesn't show up at all.

6. Lumdingo

Lumdingo

Dec 8, 2012
    Bump.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021