Woman Attacks Car for 6 Hours

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 48thStreetCustom, Dec 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado

2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Mushrooms are a hell of a drug.

PortlandBass77, Derp, tzohn and 2 others like this.
  3. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Even back in the 90s I had to keep my guard up for crackheads in L.A..
    I've had to fend a few off before, and it got pretty brutal one night in Long Beach.
    The damn dude just wouldn't let go of me. Totally ruined my night.

Derp, knumbskull and SirMjac28 like this.
  4. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE!

Mar 31, 2010
    Did NO ONE call the police?!

5. :eek:
    I wonder what she wrote. :thumbsdown:

6. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I think I dated her once....

PortlandBass77, Derp, 10cc and 9 others like this.
  7. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Thanks, Man. That really did make me LOL.
    upload_2016-12-1_22-19-2.png

8. Yeah, me too. And of course, *I* was the one being irrational when I asked why she did that to my car.

Derp, 48thStreetCustom and bholder like this.
  9. What's surprising about that is that it was featured on a TV show as a crazy person attacking a car.

There was a time when folks like her had a place to be, then a whole bunch of them were closed. It seems that, at the time, it was preferable to let them go untreated than to pay for it anymore.

Then people started freaking out over all the mentally unstable people walking the streets. I worked all through downtown Portland at the time and remember the swearing lady and the sign-boxing guy, to name a few. People would avoid them on the sidewalks and complain about their smell or behavior after they had passed, not realizing that the reasons for the mentally ill being on the street could be indirectly traced back to how they had voted a couple of years earlier.

The TV story (and this thread) should've been about how disgraceful we are to allow this type of stuff to continue.

10. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    Ever see Barbershop?

11. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Sure they did, about 5 hours and 45 minutes after she started in on the vehicle.
    MYOB becomes a sort of way of life in bigger cities.

12. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    I agree completely but would need to delve into prohibited political talk to comment any further!

Immigrant likes this.
  13. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    As a family member of a person with serious mental problems, the family bares the brunt of the abuse. Most of them refuse to get help and blame others for their problems. Most family members walk away for the sake of their own sanity.

14. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    There's a Big Lebowski reference that I unfortunately cannot make without violating TB rules.

15. As a family member of a few people with mental health issues, and havering spent plenty of time around inmates who actually should've been in a mental health facility instead of jail, I know that most families aren't in a position to handle some of the most severe cases. That's why they "walk away"- they are unable to manage the person, not so much "for the sake of their own sanity"; thats why we had professionals that did that. I've witnessed inmates trying to get through cinder blocks with their fingernails until they're left bleeding. Jail or homelessness isn't the answer.

For as far as "the family bares [sic] the brunt of the abuse", I have no idea what you're talking about.

I get it man. I spoiled your thread about the whacky homeless person and turned it into a serious thing. Apologies.

16. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Abide, Dude. ;)

LiquidMidnight likes this.
  17. There are employees at my work place that don't do nearly that much physical actitivity in 6 hours. Someone give this lady a promotion! (Or take away her bath salts.)

tzohn likes this.
  18. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    I lived though that "transition" and that wasn't the reason for closing down the "state hospitals" - The ACLU sued the states for holding people against their will and won. Guess they though it better to have them sick and freezing to death on the streets than to violate their civil rights :(. OTOH those few that were ruled incompetent to make their own decisions (mostly the severely ******** like my Aunt with a mental age of 2 :( ) got MUCH better facilities (mostly group homes) and treatment than the underfunded "state hospital" snake pits ever provided :) .

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    JMacBass65 and BboogieXVII like this.
  19. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Sorry, I lived through it too. Back in the 1980's while cutting "big government" the Reagan administration defunded the large, federally run hospitals, to let the states fund them. The states had no reasonable way to make up the billions of dollars of responsibility that was dropped in their laps, and the hospitals closed, putting a ton of severely and chronically mentally ill people out on the streets.
    Those *with money* got better treatment.
    Those without money (the bulk of the population) dropped through the cracks.

20. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    You don't believe that other people's civil rights are that important? I bet your civil rights are very important.

Immigrant likes this.