Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Jul 14, 2002.

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Hello my TB sista's I was just wondering If any of you are playing a 6 string or more BASS,and if so why and what is your approach?
  2. Are you kidding, women can't play bass! Much less an extended range bass.....

:D <----notice the smilie, O' for the love of Billy Bob Throton notice the smilie

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Uh Uh some woman Bass player is going to kick your you know what.:eek:
  4. leg?

5. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    Get back in the kitchen and make us some pie ....

You can give me your 6's you won't need it in the kitchen ....:D :D :D
  6. patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    a female bass friend of mine plays primarily a John Myung 6 (narrow neck compared to some other 6+'s).. nothing bigger than a 6 afaik

actually, my old JM6 :cool:
  7. on the contrary, spanky. extended range basses are for girls. real men play four.

(let's see which comment makes more people angry)
  8. haplo07

haplo07 Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Tinley Park, IL
    Then I guess we can all call Victor Wooten a girl since he plays 5s and 6s along with his 4s. Hmmmm if that is the case, I'd love to play like a girl then.
  9. formal bassist of kittie
    bassist of coal chamber

who continues the list

>> there ARE good female bassists, and they play 4 string, 5 string, 6 string, ... !!!
  10. sbasssman

sbasssman Guest

Jan 1, 2002
    Hmm, Victor playing 5's and 6's?
    I have watched lots of Victor, and I never
    saw him with anything but a 4.
    Where did you see him play a 6?
  11. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    he has fretted and fretless yin yang 5 strings, a fretless joe compito 5 string...sweet purpleheart top on that one, and a zebrawood joe compito fretted 6.
  12. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    he has a conklin 8, too...it's a doubled 4, but still!
  13. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Why would a woman approach playing a six-string bass differently than a man would?
  14. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    go to victor wootens website.. he list all of his bass there.. he does play 4,5,and 6 string basses
  15. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Well, I think his question is based on the fact that women and men approach most other things differently, so why wouldn't they approach playing bass differently (regardless of string count)? The female psyche being different from the male psyche is sure to evoke a different approach for each.
    BTW, are you married? If you are then you know that men and women approach things differently!

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    there is a great possibilitie that a Woman would and could approach it differently simply because they are of Female Gender.for one,women feel the essence of bass very differently than that of man.usually women will feel it in their pelvic area first,a place I don't think male can feel it,because we have something between our legs that they don't.its almost as if the woman is being stimulated in spots that man can not touch.we first feel it in our chest,women feel it there as well but thats after it has passed thru the pelvic area.the lower the Bass the closer the woman may feel to the naturalness of life,I feel because its close to having another life inside of her(a baby)the biggest problem with men in regards to what is suppose to be a male only Instrument,Sport,etc. is ego.we as male can learn a lot about Bass if we take note to how women react to the beauty of Bass.that was one of the things I learned in my quest to go lower than the Low B(my Low F# and Low C#)

17. hahahaha. all too easy.
  18. She doesn't use it as a penis extension.

Well, maybe...but lets not go there. :eek: :D
  19. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Fact of the day:

I don´t think a single female has responded to this thread :confused: