Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Won a Warmoth 51 P with Sadowsky pu's on EBay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shackman, Aug 31, 2002.

1. hey please tell me what you think of this bass i just won. Im really not sure what i was thinking when i bid on it. i figured someone else would come back and bid higher when i only raised it 10 bucks...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=902285800

am i crazy for getting this or anyone think it will be nice. looks like ill find out soon. what does anyone know about Sadowsky pu's. ive heard Warmoth makes good parts. Also what about the Raven Labs preamp..please let me know whether i got a good deal for 520 or whether im just stupid...

Mike

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    You got an amazing deal!:D

Frankensteinberger is a regular over at the Dude Pit, and you can find a wealth of info about this bass over there if you ask nicely.

I've not used the Raven Labs preamp, but everyone over there who has says it's pretty astounding. I mean, it's Steve Rabe--how bad can it be?

In case you don't know- www.thedudepit.com

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I actually like that one. Sweet bass!

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I think you got a good deal IMO. it looks sweet too :D

5. It's probably a good deal, but only if you get rid of that cheesy looking pearloid scratch plate. It's a good looking bass - that also seems like a real player - why spoil that? :D

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    nicest bass i have ever seen recently.

keep us informed on how the bass sounds when you'll have it.

7. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Great deal! I've almost bought that bass twice now, first when Frankensteinberger got it and during this last auction. The only reason I didn't this time was that I'm having one very similar being built (except with a P/J setup).

I think it looks great and it probably plays and sounds just as well. I think you'll like it if you're into P-basses. In the end, you'll always be able to get your money back out of it if you don't. Matter of fact, please let me know if you decide to sell...

8. It really would depend on who put the Bass together and if it's been set up properly. All the great PUP's and pre amps on earth can't fix what's not there to begin with (good acoustic tone)! That said, the particular instrument ,you bought, was done by someone who knows what they are doing, so I'd have to say you probably did well and possibly great!!
    PS: Me too if you decide to sell it!!

9. I put the Raven labs pre in my MIA P, and love it. It adds so much booty when I rolled it to the bass side. Sounds really good now. I think you got a good deal, and the bass looks awesome, except for the pickguard, imo. Have fun, looks like it should keep you happy for a while.

jtbp

p.s. the only bad thing is that when the batteries go dead in the preamp i have to take the whole pickguard off to change them.

10. Well i feel much more comfortable with purchasing this bass now after hearing more info on it at the pit and from feedback from you guys. Thanks. Now i just gotta be patient and wait a week for it.

MIKE

www.spookyjohnson.com

11. Looks like a fantastic bass! I'm jealous.:D

12. well ladies and gentlemen i have put the bass through a series of grueling, difficult tests such as dropping it from a 10 story dorm and jabbing spoons at the p/u and it has held its ground. Just kidding, I am really digging this bass though. Sounds amazing with that raven labs pre and the sadowsky p/u. plus it just looks cool..

MIKE
    www.spookyjohnson.com

13. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i am really happy for you, that'a a great looking bass and it's good to hear that it's a great sounding one too!!

14. That would be the ultimate tele-style bass. Everything is just right! The finish, neck, pickguard and bridge look great and the pickups + pre-amp probably sound even better. Congratulations!