1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Won the bid for Gretsch Junior Jet.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tsunami_Steve, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Tsunami_Steve

Tsunami_Steve

Feb 17, 2012
    Norman, OK
  2. NightTripper

NightTripper

Oct 20, 2011
    Nice! I've never really tried their basses, but I love love love Gretsch guitars. And you stole it at that price. It should be a great lower-end bass.

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

A strap button is dirt cheap. No worries.

Great deal for a cool bass.

4. Super Iridium

Super Iridium Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2013
    I have one too. I think yours is like mine -- made in Korea and no serial number. I replaced the bridge and tuners on mine, which was a really easy improvement. Enjoy!

5. Tsunami_Steve

Tsunami_Steve

Feb 17, 2012
    Norman, OK
    Thanks guys. I knew it seemed like a good deal but I had to check.

Super, which bridge and tuners did you replace the stock ones with?

6. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    I bought a Junior Jet off Ebay in December and absolutely love it. I have the 2202 which has a few differences from the newer 2210. Mine was made in China in 2008.

I play it with flatwounds and a Bass BigMuff. Great sound for doing Mudhoney covers.

7. dubhnight

dubhnight

Jul 26, 2012
    Amazing deal! Excellent basses. Slap some flats on it and it'll kill.

8. MakoMan

MakoMan

Oct 17, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    My favorite short scale! You're going to love it and get a lot of great comments on the looks and tone.

9. Tsunami_Steve

Tsunami_Steve

Feb 17, 2012
    Norman, OK
    I'll have to try some flatwounds. Last night I practiced with the band and it sounded great. I think it sounded as good (or even slightly better) than my SB14.

10. Mark Nye

Mark Nye

Sep 18, 2012
    $113? You made out like a bandit! Jr Jets are really cool. Don't sweat the strap button. They're the first thing to get changed on NBD for me, just because I prefer Dunlops.

11. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Great deal great bass congrats

12. Always loved Gretsch guitars and basses; enjoy!!!

13. Tsunami_Steve

Tsunami_Steve

Feb 17, 2012
    Norman, OK
    Thanks!

I think the weak point(atleast on this bass) is the strap buttons. Both of them need to be replaced.

14. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother.

Feb 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nice! How does it sound?

15. Great price on one of favorites. I have mine strung with D'Addario tape wounds.

16. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I recently sold one for more than twice that price. You got a killer deal. They are great basses. I loved mine, but sold it because I had way too many basses just sitting around not getting played.