1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Wonderful 1960's Kay Bass M1 FOR SALE

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by alexisbass, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexisbass

Jun 11, 2003
    This is a phenomenal Kay Bass, loud and clear, really easy to play and professionally set up with very nice upgrades: An ebony fingerboard, a fairly new adjustable bridge, new soundpost and a Goetz endpin. The strings are a pretty new set of Spirocore weichts. I'm also including a non padded cover.
    The bass has a few dents here and there (you'll see a prominent one on the left front side in one of the pics) but otherwise it's in excellent condition, no cracks or repairs are needed at all.
    The serial number is 49287, and I believe it was made in the 60's. All the luthiers and repairmen that have seen this bass have always said it’s a really good one, I am sad to let it go but... it's life!
    I am asking $3,700 for it. It might sound high, but I've seen much worse ones sell for that or even more... I'll consider a partial trade for a vintage or really good sounding Fender Jazz Bass.

You can see photos of the instrument at this link http://alexiscuadrado.com/Galleries/Kay Bass/index.htm

Unfortunately I cannot arrange to ship the bass myself, so I am looking for a local buyer at this time. However, you are welcome to get in touch with David Gage’s and ask them how much they would charge for shipping the bass to where you live. I would be happy to bring the instrument to the shop and let them handle the shipping. I know they ship basses all the time, so they know what they’re doing.

If you’re in New York City, you’re welcome to check out the bass in person. I live in Brooklyn area code 11218, near the B-Q Church Ave station or the F Fort Hamilton Parkway station.
    Feel free to contact me with any questions, but please DO NOT SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE, just email me directly at kaybass at alexiscuadrado.com (you'll have leave no spaces and substitute the @ for at... (beware spammers!)

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.