1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wonderful mid-20th century German double bass

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Adrian Cho, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    Wonderful example of a mid-20th century German double bass. Carved back and table, violin corners, gorgeous figured Maple, Spruce top, fantastic varnish. Immaculate condition (no cracks, no repairs, very few scratches, big sound, very playable). Suits jazz or classical. Comes with deluxe Mooradian case with Kolstein Stroller and two humidifers, and spare set of Pirastro Pizzicato (wound gut strings). I have a very good bow I am also willing to include for the right buyer. Currently setup with Pirastro Oliv and Eudoxas (wound gut), bridge adjusters, custom-made Claro Walnut tailpiece, tailpiece cord, and Gotz endpin. No expense has been spared on this bass. Selling for US $8,250 or CAN $11,000. See web page http://www.adriancho.com/BassForSale.html for more details and photos. I am willing to deliver the bass to the US within reasonable driving distance (NY, NJ, PA, etc.). Send e-mail to 2xbass AT adriancho.com (change " AT " to "@" for real address) or call (613) 858-7904.

[​IMG]

2. kip

kip

Sep 11, 2002
    Sausalito, Ca
    That is a beautiful bass. While i can't move on it, I hope it finds a good home. Kip

3. Adrian Cho

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    New price. USD 7250 or CAD 9500 OBO.

4. Adrian Cho

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    This bass has been sold.