Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wonderful new bass tune, A Must hear

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mcbassdude, May 24, 2003.

1. You just HAVE to check out the new tune from Hattler. This is Helmutt Hattlers new band. Helmutts one of the greatest less known bassists for the past 30 years. From Germany he is in Kraan and Tab two as well as his solo band HAttler. More people need to know this amazing talent.
    The song is called Naomi and is available for download at Hattlers site
    http://www.hellmut-hattler.de/

The tone and feel of the bass is just awesome. Very Miles Davis vibe on the tune.
    Let me know what you think.
    Peace

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Where is it? There are songs in the music downloads section, but "Naomi" isn't one of them.

3. Oh sorry, click where it says the new single, the next page will have three full tunes of which Naomi is one.
    Peace

4. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Someone. I'm always interested in hearing Euro people. Weep not.:)

5. BigTed

BigTed

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    Sounds cool. I like "Naomi." The rest is a little to Euro for me though. What do you think he's playin in "Naomi" Some Hollow Fretless if I were to guess.

6. His normal stuff is very fusion, progressive jazz stuff. He's in Kraan and Tab Two as well.
    Yeah the other two tunes remind me of the Cardigans which is kind of left field for him. But I think Naomi has such a cool Miles vibe.
    Not sure what he's using on Bass, Don't quite think it's a stand up, but it has a great tone.

There is a great Kraan tune (Nam Nam) available at the Nearfest site www.nearfest.com Very cool live fusion stuff.
    PEace

7. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Is Naomi on any of his albums? I didn't notice that it was on Malberry Moon, No eats yes, one of the compilations, or bassball.

8. I think it may appear on Just the three song single "TO Bed". I'm gonna contact someone in Cologne who knows alot about Helmutt and Kraan and find out.
    What did you think of the feel of Naomi?
    Peace