Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wonderin about TI Flats

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bassiclybass, Mar 23, 2003.

1. bassiclybass

bassiclybass

Mar 1, 2003
    calif
    Keep hearin about these strings.Whats the lowdown?Assuming they're flatwound lowtension.Do they make roundwounds?Does the low tension make them easier to play if you have hand problems?How do they sound compared to D'ADD med tension EXL 170's.thank you fellow bottom dwellers!:bassist:

2. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I just got my first set of TI flats for my six string yesterday and I absolutely love them.

TI does make rounds but I think that there are many other better bands of rounds out there.

I cant really tell a difference in the tension, but they feel great. :bassist:

3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    IME, they're very low tension. I have them on a four-stringer, and I have to use a pretty light touch with them. As far as easy to play, I would say they are. They definitely sound like flats, but they have their own sound that's kind of hard to describe. Very rich midrange. If you like them, they're cheap since you will only have to buy them every few years. Even Carol Kaye gets 2+ years out of them.

TI makes two flavors of round wounds; Jazz Rounds, which are even lower tension than the Jazz Flats, and Power Bass which are more "conventional."