Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wondering if i could replace pick ups on my samick bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by westendrioter29, Feb 25, 2002.

1. i have been playing bass for 2 months. i bought a new samick bass for 170. go ahead and laugh it sucks but i needed something to start with. i was wondering if it was possible to replace the p style pickup with a better brand. and if so how hard would this be?ThAnX :confused:

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Yes you can, and with moderate soldering skills, it's pretty easy. There's a multitude of brands to choose from with a P design... Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder's are fairly easy to come by and are probably as good a match as any for your Samick. BTW, your bass is fine to start on!

-robert

3. I started off playing on a Samick, and trust me they are fine to start off on. I am just now getting to the point where I am going to upgrade the pups to get a much brighter tone. I have never done it before, but from what i have heard it is extremly easy. I am planning on maybe putting int two humbuckers, and doing any extra routing that might be required. Anyone know how hard that will be?