1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

wondering if i could replace pick ups on my samick bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by westendrioter29, Feb 25, 2002.

1. i have been playing bass for 2 months. i bought a new samick bass for 170. go ahead and laugh it sucks but i needed something to start with. i was wondering if it was possible to replace the p style pickup with a better brand. and if so how hard would this be?ThAnX :confused:

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Yes you can, and with moderate soldering skills, it's pretty easy. There's a multitude of brands to choose from with a P design... Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder's are fairly easy to come by and are probably as good a match as any for your Samick. BTW, your bass is fine to start on!

-robert

3. I started off playing on a Samick, and trust me they are fine to start off on. I am just now getting to the point where I am going to upgrade the pups to get a much brighter tone. I have never done it before, but from what i have heard it is extremly easy. I am planning on maybe putting int two humbuckers, and doing any extra routing that might be required. Anyone know how hard that will be?